"I just might take you up on that"

"Y/n you realize the party started an hour ago right?"  I rolled my eyes at my friends concerned comment through the phone

"Y/n you realize the party started an hour ago right?"  I rolled my eyes at my friends concerned comment through the phone. Adjusting my outfit in the mirror as I spoke.

"Yeah Cass, it's called being fashionably late. Besides the party isn't even fun the first hour. I'm goi-"

"Y/n, my ride's gonna be here in five minutes! Can you please get off the damn phone so I can call Mike?" My brother screamed from downstairs.

"Use your walkie!"

"Someone didn't buy me batteries yesterday!"

"Well someone should get a job if they want money so they can stop sucking my pockets dry!" I argued amusedly covering the phone with my palm to spare Cassie's ears.

"Son of a bitch." I heard my younger brother Dustin mutter to himself from the living room. I chuckled as I returned the phone to my mouth.

"I'll see you in twenty Cass." I spoke putting the phone back on its base after she returned a goodbye.

I made my way downstairs and shot my little brother a playful glare as I messed up his curly hair while he spoke on the phone. He swatted my hand away and I dodged him, laughing as he reached for me but had to stop because of the phone cord.

"Yeah Mike I have like, six quarters."

"From my piggy bank." Dustin shot me a look at my interruption as the doorbell rang.

"He's here Mike, be at the arcade in ten." Dustin ordered as he hung up the phone before the boy on the other line could reply. I looked around the living room, making sure I had everything before dashing up the stairs to get my purse.

"Have fun Dustin!" I called down the steps as the boy  muttered another curse to himself, something about forgetting his hat. What's up with the memory problems in this family? The front door opened, and I could hear a muffled conversation from the kitchen as Dustin spoke to whoever was driving him. Maybe it was Joyce or Lucas' mom, either way I was just happy my brother had a ride so I wouldn't be any more late to the party. I quickly made my way back down the steps and went to the living room to grab my keys. Steve Harrington held a photo album of Dustin and I when were little that rested on one of the shelves in the room. I ignored the heat rising to my cheeks at the sight of him staring amusedly at the picture of Dustin and I as babies. I was about five and holding a laughing baby Dustin in my arms.

"Oh hey, I didn't know you were picking up Dustin." I greeted as the boy looked to me in surprise. Dropping the album after glancing at my outfit. I stifled a laugh at his flustered demeanor and quirked an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah well apparently I'm the designated babysitter for all the shitheads." He joked still visibly embarrassed from his clumsiness before. I laughed as I grabbed my keys from the small dish on the tv stand.