Feeling of Christmas

"Santa is not a creep!" I argued passionately, my arms crossed in annoyance as my boyfriend laughed from his position under me

"Santa is not a creep!" I argued passionately, my arms crossed in annoyance as my boyfriend laughed from his position under me. My body rested in a criss-cross position as we sat facing the pair of pre teens fit in their flannel pajamas, the rest of the party unable to come tonight. Steve too preoccupied  playing with the hem of my shirt to join the argument.

"Cmon y/n, he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake?" Dustin countered as Lucas nodded beside him in agreement.

"He does that so he knows what rotten kids to give coal to, take you two for example." I replied and grinned at their offended expressions. Lucas grabbing a throw pillow from the couch and chucking it towards me. Steve's hand coming up before I could react as he swiftly caught it and hurtled it accurately towards the boy without hesitation.

"Don't try it shithead." He spoke sternly as I smirked down at the boys as a kiss-ass student would when getting her peers in trouble with the teacher. The two rolled their eyes and stuck their tongues out at me.

"You think she's right Steve?" Dustin asked incredulously as I turned my head to the boy behind me. He chewed on the inside of his cheek thoughtfully, looking in between the boys and I before replying.

"I mean, I wouldn't want an old fat guy watching me sleep if I'm honest." He confessed with a chuckle and I hit him lightly on the chest.

"If you guys keep talking crap about Santa you're not gonna get anything from him this year." I spoke matter-of-factly as the three rolled their eyes.

"You don't think we still believe in him, right?" Lucas teased as Dustin chuckled at my slacked jaw at his question.

"Well-I-you don't?"

"What are we four? I figured since fifth grade the time it would take to travel to each house in the world, minus those who don't celebrate, plus time change in each area would affect the rout-"

"Alright Dustin I get you we're a kid genius that lacked imagination." I interrupted with a pout.

A honk of a car horn caused our head to snap to the front door of Steve's house. The boys getting up from their places on the fluffy carpet and collecting their stuff.

"That's my mom, she's taking us to Mike's." Lucas announced as they gathered their things.

"A slumber party without us?" Steve teased dramatically as I laughed.

"Sorry no girls allowed Steve, but y/n can come." Dustin joked. Steve lifted me off of his lap and charged at the two at the insult.

"Bye y/n!" The two shouted in unison as they made their way hurriedly our the door. I got up from the couch and hugged the tall Brunette from behind as he shut the large door with a grimace.

"It's okay babe, someone has to wear the pants in the relationship." I joked as he whipped around and threw me over his shoulder. Ignoring my yelps as he carried me back to the living room.

"Really y/n? I'm not seeing where you're the one wearing the pants."

"O-okay I-I'm sorry." I let out between laughs as he chucked me onto the couch flopped himself on top of me. Our laughter dying down as I ran a hand through his hair, a content sigh coming from his lips and tickling my neck. The crackling fireplace and classy decorations filling the rest of the house with the homey holiday feeling.

"You think it'll snow tonight?" Steve asked hopefully as he lifted his head slightly.

"I really hope so, maybe it'll snow on Christmas Eve too." I added with the realization that Christmas Eve was only a bit more than two weeks away. I smiled excitedly at the beautifully decorated tree that stood in the corner of the room, lighting the area around it with a golden glow that matched the fire.

Steve got up from his position on top of me and pulled me back into his lap as he turned on the tv. My face lighting up at the sight of "The Year Without A Santa Claus" on the screen.

I guess I'm not picking the movie then?" The brunette teased as shook my head and turned up the volume, shifting in his lap to get a better view of my  favorite Christmas movie. The boy sighing and wrapping his arms around my waist with a kiss to my cheek.

"Looks like I won't be getting any attention for the next hour-"

"Shh!" His whines were cut off with a frantic hush from me as the movie began. I gave a quick apologetic kiss to his jaw and grabbed the blanket from beside arm of the couch and spread it across our laps. The movie now catching both of our attention as I laid into his chest, enjoying the nostalgic feeling of Christmas around us.
___________________________________
🎄Ahhhh it's CWISMAS!! The absolute best time of year, let's enjoy it while we can. Hope you enjoyed🎄