"Shes our favorite" pt. 2

"Pssstt, y/n

   "Pssstt, y/n. Wakey wakey, time to make your adoptive children som eggs and bakey!" I opened one eye and groaned at the sight of the party before me. Ignoring Lucas' cheerful comment I covered my face with the fluffy blanket and moved closer into Steve.

"Will you kindly F off?" I mumbled through the blanket as the kids groaned above me. Steve was still fast asleep, and stirred lightly when Dustin kicked the bean bag in annoyance.

"Cmon we're hungry!" Will complained as I lifted the blanket so my face was slightly showing.

"Then make yourselves useful and put some egos in the toaster." I argued. El perking up at the mention of eggos.

"Okay y/n. But I'll have you know that El has never had a real waffle. All those years in that lab with gross food, and then two years of microwave dinners with Hopper. Real shame, we were all looking forward to seeing her try a real waffle for the first time. Now she'll just have to have her another froz-"

"I'm up assholes." I interrupted Mike's sob story with a glare. Sitting up so I could face the group. Steve's arm kept me from getting up, and he swiftly pulled my back down to him before falling back to sleep. I smiled at the boy's actions and waved the kids to go upstairs.

"Get the ingredients ready, I'll be up in five losers." I mumbled earning shouts of happiness from the kids as they barreled up the stairs.

I ran my hand through Steve's soft brown hair, something that usually woke him up. He sighed peacefully in his sleep and blinked open his eyelids to look at me. A sleepy smile evident on his features.

"Thank all that is holy they're gone." He mumbled and a shook my head with a laugh.

"Sorry Harrington, they're actually upstairs waiting for me to make breakfast." I corrected and the boy let out an exasperated groan before burying his face in the pillows.

"They're gonna have to get through me first."

"Well you cant do much defending half asleep, can I get up now?" I spoke softly still running my hands through his hair.

"Five minutes."

"I don't think we have fi-"

"Five. Minutes."

"Okay but if they come down here with eggs and flour already to attack I'm blaming you." Steve let out a small laugh at my joke as I rested my head on his chest and yawned. I felt myself doze off slightly, tiredness overcome me as the soothing sound of Steve's breathing.

"Hey assholes? We're still hungry and still here!" Dustin shouted from the kitchen upstairs. Receiving a groan from the two of us. I squirmed out of the taller boy's grip and rolled off of the beanbag. Earning a chuckle from my boyfriend as I hit the ground with a thud. I stood up and pulled at his hand in an attempt to get him up. He didn't move the slightest and waved me off with a groan.

"Cmon, I'm making waffles with whip cream and fruit!" I persuaded and the boy slightly perked up at this.

"Can u make mine look like a smiley face?"

"Anything for you Harrington." I teased as the boy scrambled up from his laying position. I yelped as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I tightly closed my eyes as he walked up the stairs, fearing he'd drop me and we'd tumble down the steps.

"Geez I'm not gonna drop you stop screaming." Steve laughed as I reopened my eyes to see us entering the living room. My boyfriend tossing me on the couch with a laugh. I shot him a playful glare as I got off the couch to walk into the kitchen. Steve closely behind and amusedly poking at my sides.

"Morning, what's it been six years?" Mike stated sarcasm lacing his tone as I made my way to the counter to make sure the kids had gathered all the right supplies. Steve rolled his eyes and kissed my cheek before grabbing a bowl and whisk from the cabinet and drawers.

"You guys make me sick." Lucas complained glaring at the two of us.

"They're romantic." Max argued, her and El smiling sweetly at the brunette and I. I offered them a grin and narrowed my eyes at Will who responded to Max with an eye roll.

"They're making me gag."

"Want waffles or not shitheads?" Steve warned and the party quickly quieted down. I began to add ingredients into the large bowl as the kids watched intently. The boys tossing ingredients at each other as Max and Steve joined in. El sat on the counter top and peered over my shoulder as I made the batter.

"So, this makes...Eggos?" She inquired with a confused face as I giggled and shook my head.

"Kinda, it's like eggos. Just not frozen...More fresh!" I explained and she nodded.

"Fresh." She repeated thoughtfully and I offered her the whisk in my hand.

"Wanna try mixing?" She nodded and started to mix as I plugged in the waffle maker beside her.

"Okay, it looks done so now we put a spoonful of batter into the waffle maker." I explained as I did said actions whilst El watched curiously.

"Then we close the lid and wait a couple of minutes. After that we take out the waffle and add our toppings." I finished as the girl stared at the machine. Jumping slightly as it dinged. I opened the lid and placed the waffle on the plate beside it and placed it on the island for one of the kids to grab.

"Like...Magic." El whispered in amazement and I nodded.

"Kind of yeah." I agreed as I added more batter.

"El come here, let me show you how to make the best waffle you'll ever have." Steve boasted as El hopped off the counter to join him and the kids at the island. I looked to the group with a smile as they hovered around Steve. Watching as he made a smiley face with whipped cream, strawberries, and chocolate chips. Dustin or Mike adding occasional dialogue about what Steve was doing wrong. Steve ignored them and held up the finished product to an amazed El. He offered her a forkful and the group watched anxiously as she took her first bite. Her eyes widened as she chewed, and she turned to me with a shocked face as I laughed at her full cheeks.

"Better than Eggos El?" Mike questioned grinning as she shot a thumbs up and mumbled a yes with whipped cream on the side of her mouth.

"Told you, best waffle you'll ever have." Steve assured, shooting me a wink as I placed the piled plate of waffles on the counter for the rest of the kids to take. They shot out a chorus of hurried thank you's as they began to make their own smiley faces.

I kissed Steve's cheek that was puffed out from eating a forkful of waffle. And he turned his head to kiss me on the lips. I quickly dodged him, cringing at his lips likely sticky from all the syrup and whipped cream.

"No way Harrington, you have a mouthful of waffle sundae." I defended with a smirk as the boy tried to make his way around the kitchen table to get to me.

"Cmon, don't you want to try the best waffle you'll ever have?" He teased as I darted towards the tv room with a yelp. Laughing as he ran close behind.

"No thanks, I'm more of a pancake girl myself!"

"Then I guess I'll just have to change your mind!"

__________________________________

Hope you liked the sequel! Btw waffles are obviously superior to pancakes just so we are clear. Hope you're having a good day. Love you bitches!

-Jackie🖤