"Wanna Bet?" Pt. 2

"This is the one, this has to be the one

    "This is the one, this has to be the one." I announced, smoothing out the outfit Jenny and I had decided on after at least an hour of trying things on.

"You look great, when did my little girl get so old? Already going out on dates an-"

"Enough enough I'll puke all over the outfit." I protested her teasing with a laugh as I swatted her hands that were pinching my cheeks away from my face. I looked back into the mirror with a small smile, surprised I was so pleased with my appearance. Beginning to bite my lip and rub my fingers at the thought of what tonight would hold.

"Hey! Leave the scary place right now! You're going to have a great nigh!" Jenny reassured shaking my shoulders and smiling at me happily through the mirror.

"Okay." I mumbled nervously, both our heads whipping towards my bedroom window at the sound of a car pulling up.

"This is it, you're gonna do great y/n. Give Harrington a kiss for me!" She chimed slipping out of my bedroom before I could hit her at her words. Hearing my back door shut signaling she had made her own way out. The ring of the door bell snapped me from my gaze towards the window as I let out a deep breath. Taking one last look at myself before making my way down the stairs.

"I opened the front door with a small smile, expecting the y'all brunette in front of me but looking around confusedly at his absence. My eyes landing upon him leaning against his red car with a bouquet of flowers in hand. Much like the ending scene in sixteen candles, just with flowers. I playfully rolled my eyes and shut the door behind me as I made my way to the car.

"You're such a dork."

"You look great as well." He countered cheerfully as he opened the passenger side door for me once I reached the car. I playfully rolled my eyes at his response and picked at my fingers subconsciously. Remembering Jenny's words to not let my nervous ticks start up during the date.

"Where you planning on taking me Harrington? Pressures on you know." I teased as he shrugged confidently, glancing at me as we drove down the road.

"The pressure is totally not on, I'm the king of romance." He beamed and I averted my eyes from the wink shot my way.

"Right, King of Hawkins high and wooing every girl in town." I replied.

"Not every girl." He remarked looking to me again and smiling softly.

"That's right, so the pressure is on. This won't be easy Harrington, romance isn't-"

"Really your thing? So I've heard, who doesn't like romance anyway?" He countered in disbelief and I shrugged.

"It's just all either too easy or too complicated. The guy gets the girl or they constantly lie or miscommunicate and cause problems that could have been avoided in the first place."

"C'mon, where'd you get that outlook?" He inquired and I shrugged again, glancing out at the moving scenery beside us.

"Life." I mumbled dryly.

"Way to set the mood y/l/n." He teased with narrowed eyes as I nudged his shoulder with my elbow at his laugh.

Something suddenly popped under as as we blurb shouted in surprise. The car beginning to swerve out of the lane, all that we could hear was the screeching of brakes and our own screams. Steve frantically tugged at the wheel to regain control of the car to no use. Finally it came to a stop on the grassy side of the road with a screech. The side of my head hit the window as my seatbelt did its best to hold me to the seat. Steve's arm pushed securely against my upper body as a makeshift seatbelt of his own. Our heavy breaths filling the now silent air.

"Holy shit, are you okay?" He asked worriedly as I nodded. Looking around and internally grateful the road was mostly quiet which had prevented us from an accident.

"Y-you're bleeding." He let out slowly, still in shock from what just happened. His thumb reached up to the side of my head and I sucked in my teeth at the sharp pain the contact caused. He quickly pulled his hand away and unbuckled his seatbelt to walk out of the car. I mimicked his actions in a bit of a daze and dabbed a bit at the blood on the side of my face with the collar of my shirt.

"Hey hey don't do that, let me help." He offered and I nodded in agreement. Flinching as he dabbed the sleeve of his sweatshirt onto the wound.

"Something must have popped the tire, not too much damage though. Are you sure you're okay? Here, sit down." Steve rambled and I softly chuckled at his concern.

"Wow Harrington, this really is a date I won't regret, I guess you win." I joked but my laughter died at his solemn expression. He patted the hood of the car for me to sit on as he continued to wiped the blood that was away from my cut.

"Yeah, some shitty date huh." He mumbled dryly and sighing as I ruffled his hair.

"Cmon it's fine, we're just gonna use your car phone and call for a towing company." I assured as he nodded. Looking around at the soft raindrops that began to fall.

"Great, as if the last ten minutes could not be going worse." He muttered glaring as the rain began to pick up. I chuckled and put my arms on his shoulder as he lifted me off the car casually.

"You're not dizzy of anything right?" He asked moving my face around by the chin and studying me.

"Yes mom, like I said I'm fine." I teased walking back into the car and ignoring his glare.

                 ***************

"Yeah mom he dropped me off at Brooke's house because of the storm. I'll see you tomorrow okay? Love you too, bye." I hung up the phone with a huff. Shuddering at the crack of thunder that booked in the sky above us.

"Two god damn hours for a tow truck, can you believe that? And maybe even more because of the storm? Bullshit!" Steve shouted hitting the steering wheel in annoyance. Shooting me a sympathetic look as I jumped slightly at his actions.

"Sorry...Everything's just going the complete opposite as how I planned it." He confesses tiredly running a hand through his disheveled hair.

"Don't be sorry, to be fair this is by far the most interesting date I've ever been on." I assured as we both laughed and stared out at the storm around us.
I shuddered at the dropping temperature and Steve looked to me empathetically.

"There's a blanket in the back, and the truck won't be here for a few hours. We could sit back there but we could totally stay up here if you don't wan-" 

"Geez Steve I know you're not gonna drool on me we can sit back there." I laughed at his rambling and made my way to the back swiftly before he playfully pushed me into the seats as he followed behind. Grabbing the thick flannel blanket from the floor and laying it out over us. Jumping again at yet another crack of thunder as the rain poured heavily around us.

     This should be a very long night.
__________________________________

Hey guys! Glad I could get another chapter out and hopefully I didn't make too many grammar or spelling mistakes bc ya girl exhausted. Hope you all enjoyed, love you bitches!
                                              -Jackie🖤