No Promises

"Just think about it, I'm offering you extra credit for only a couple weeks of tutoring

    "Just think about it, I'm offering you extra credit for only a couple weeks of tutoring." Mr. Raff explained from behind his desk. I adjusted my backpack strap on my shoulder and sighed, contemplating whether the offer was worth it. Steve Harrington was no stranger in my school. Part of the so called "popular crowd" I mentally rolled my eyes at the thought of him. He had never done anything to hurt me personally, but was still known for his sensitive ego and narcissistic charm in my book.

"Okay." I complied hesitantly, my teacher offering me an appreciative smile and nodding.

"Great, thanks y/n." He replied happily before beginning to get back to work grading papers. I made my way out of the classroom and headed to the lunch room. Reminding myself to get a hold of the boy I was about to teach chemistry to for the next month.

                              ***********

"Steve Harrington!" Jenny shouted from across the lunch table, I shushed her and the rest of my friends immediately and looked around.

"Geez don't let the entire student body know Jen, it's for extra credit. Besides he's practically the schools biggest asshole." I reminded the group who rolled their eyes in response.

"Correction, Billy Hargrove is. Harrington's a lot more tolerable now. And who doesn't want extra credit for chem?" Jenny responded matter-of-factly.

"Hell I'd do it for free." Sofia chimed in from her position next to me. I rolled my eyes with a laugh before turning at a tap on my shoulder. Greeted with the boy we were just conversing about.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear." Brook mumbled with a smirk, and I shot her a glare before turning on the bench and talking to him.

"Hey Steve, what's up?" I greeted with a forced smile, still unsure of my opinion on him. He returned it after sitting on the bench across from me, about to reply before the bell rang. Signaling my peers and I to head to our last class of the day. The taller boy followed behind me as I walked out.

"Hey, Mr. Raff told me you'd be lending a hand in chem before exams next month. You think I could get your number? Strictly for tutoring purposes of course." He spoke as the two of us weaved through the many students in the hallway together I stopped to write it down against a locker as he leaned against the locker next to me. I shot him side eye as he watched with a smirk, rolling my eyes before handing him the small paper.

"Thanks shortie,talk to you later." He spoke as he backed up towards the hallway intersection.

"Maybe I'm not short, and you're just freakishly tall." I defended, butterflies filling my stomach at his laugh.

"I'll call you!"

"Tutoring purposes only Harrington!" I called out to him as he re-entered the sea of students.

"No promises!"
___________________________________
Lil teaser if you want this to become a series. Big shoutout to nonononono888 for the request.🖤