chapter eight

I did not go to Aries' room in the morning. In fact, all I did in the morning was shower and question why I was the dumbest person on the planet. While I was washing my face, I got pretty vivid flashbacks of what had went down last night. I did not throw myself at Aries and Silas while shitfaced. There was just no way.

I found myself cursing every twenty seconds to myself. I got dressed, going to the kitchen. I knew I had to apologize for my messy behavior instead of pretending like it didn't happen. I was going to stop avoiding and just face them. Even if I died of secondhand embarrassment.

I was happy to find them in the kitchen. Silas seemed to be finishing up whatever he was eating, and Aries was leaning against the counter, seeming to be waiting for him to finish. It seemed to be how they worked. They were nearly always together. They both looked up at me almost simultaneously. I crossed my arms as I stood in front of them, trying to pretend as though I were stronger than I actually felt. Inside, I felt like a scared little girl.

"I'm sorry about last night," I said, looking between them.

Silas looked at Aries, but Aries continued to look at me. "Let's go," Silas jerked his head toward the front door.

Aries ignored him. "Why are you apologizing?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I shouldn't have thrown myself at you like that." I sighed, swallowing. "At both of you, I mean..." Silas wouldn't look at me. "I'm sorry, Silas."

"You're apologizing for nothing. I don't care," he said passively. He finally looked at me again. "It's not a big deal, Natalia. Don't make it one."

He walked over to the trash can, tossing whatever remnants were left of what he had eaten. He moved in front of me causing me to shrink back almost immediately. His eyes scanned my face, but he didn't say another word-or touch me for that matter. He just walked past me, going down the hallway and into his room.

I felt breathless, my eyes moving back to Aries. He still leaned against the counter, bringing him down to my height briefly. Nearly down to my height. We just looked at each other, probably thinking the same thing too. He leaned his head on his hand, still observing me as though I were this interesting piece of specimen and not just a person.

"What?" I asked, shifting in my spot.

"I told you I'd fuck you if you still wanted me to. Do you want me to?" He asked.

Did I still want him to fuck me? Was that even a serious question? Of course I wanted to fuck him. I desired him from the moment I laid my eyes on him.

"Yes," I breathed. "But do you want me?"

"Are you kidding?" He continued to walk toward me. "Lean over the sink and you'll get your answer."

I did just as he instructed. I leaned over the sink, resting my elbows on the edge. I waited, hearing his slow footsteps behind me. Once he stopped, my knees began to buckle in anticipation. I gasped as he slapped my ass, my whole body jerking forward at the impact. He grabbed my hips and pressed my ass back against him. I could feel his erection digging into me. I whimpered audibly.

He released a slow breath, leaning over my shoulder. His fingers wrapped around my throat, pulling me up into a standing position. Applying mild pressure, he turned my neck. His green eyes seemed even greener as he was this close to me.

His grip tightened around my neck, pulling me up further. I was standing on my tippy toes, and I still couldn't reach his lips. Why was he so fucking tall?