chapter forty five

I had never been happier to be home, ever. I nearly cried when I saw my living room couch. The second I got inside, I removed my clothes, put on something clean, and then threw myself down on the sofa. Jasmine and Aries sat next to me, and Aries was back to his usual needy self. With my body angled against the arm of the couch, he cuddled into me and laid his head against my chest. I stroked his hair soothingly.

"So Lilith, Mother of Demons..." I trailed off. "She's you and Silas' mom?"

Jasmine nodded. "She's the only person, the only thing in the world that Lucifer truly loves."

I pursed my lips. "What happened?"

"She just doesn't love him. He wants her, she doesn't want him. He's been pining after her for millenniums. It's almost embarrassing at this point. She's cruel like him, which seems to draw him in further. The only difference between Lucifer and Lilith is she actually cares about her children. She'd kill for us if she felt that she needed to. Or in this case, torture him, since that fucker unfortunately can't die."

"Lucifer has feelings?" I asked in near shock. He loved someone? After he had mocked me for it? Despite him sounding sick to his stomach-he was nearly stuck in the same boat as me. "He cares about anything besides himself? This has to be the most shocking news I've heard in days."

"Not even that Jasmine is in love with Sofia?" Aries asked.

Jasmine sighed in annoyance. "I'm not even going to feed in to your bullshit anymore. Because if I do, you'll never stop," she muttered, not even sparing him a glance. "But if I don't feed in to your bullshit...you'll still continue. I'm just going to leave."

"Don't leave," I frowned. "Aries, leave her alone."

Jasmine stood up, stretching her arms behind her head. "It's fine, Natalia. I've got to get going anyway. I'm supposed to be hanging out with Sofia."

"See, I'm right," I heard Aries mutter under his breath.

I just smiled at her, nodding. I didn't want to bug her about it but I thought it was cute. "Have fun. I love you."

"I will, thank you. I love you," she beamed at me. "And I love you too, Aries."

"I love you too. Get fucked tonight," Aries said.

She cursed under her breath. "I don't know how you deal with him," she shook her head. "See you."

"See you," I called after her as she walked away. The front door opened and then shut. My eyes fell on Aries who was already looking over at me. "Why are you so annoying?"

He pouted, pushing himself up. "I'm not annoying. I'm right. She wants Sofia and Sofia wants her. I just want her to go for it."

"Hm," I hummed. "Well, you have an annoying way of expressing it."

I left a soft kiss on his pouty lips. He smiled a little, grabbing the back of my neck and kissing me deeper. His hands roamed over my skin, extending my neck back. A shallow breath escaped my lips as he began to glide his tongue up and down my neck before he sucked on it. I moaned under my breath, pulling at his hair.

I felt the couch sink down like someone had sat next to us. I opened my eyes, finding Silas sitting there at the edge of the couch where Jasmine once sat. He was clean now, not a single drop of blood on him. The white t-shirt that he wore made him look almost angelic, almost pure. I pushed Aries off of me and he groaned in annoyance.