epilogue

Four Years Later

"Alright," Aries said, giving me a reassuring nod. "Put your hand up and push."

I raised my hand out in front of me, my nerves getting the best of me immediately. "Push from where?" I asked.

He pursed his lips, pausing for a second. "I don't know. Just push from wherever."

My hand dropped back down to my side as I shot him an incredulous look. "That wasn't very helpful."

Aries turned his head over towards Silas. "Where's she supposed to push from again?"

"Her diaphragm," Silas responded, lounging comfortably on the couch. "Don't think about it too hard."

I scoffed. "That's easy for you to say," I muttered under my breath, raising my hand back in front of me. "You don't have to think about it."

"You don't have to think about it," Aries mocked. "Stop making excuses and push."

"I'm not making excuses," I grunted. He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. "I know what you're doing."

"What am I doing?" He asked, his smirk deepening. "I'm not doing anything. Why are you trying to change the subject? Is it because you can't push?"

"Aries," I gritted my teeth tightly.

"Yes?" He asked, taking a step closer.

"Shut up."

"You hear that, Silas?" He asked. "She wants me to shut up because she knows I'm right. It's almost cute," he chuckled.

I felt movement through my arm. A sudden wave of heat rushed down from my shoulder blade and out through my fingertips. The force was nearly invisible but opaque enough to see. And Aries went flying back in the air and fell onto the glass coffee table in the middle of the living room with a loud crash.

I gasped, jerking back in shock and shielding my face as glass flew everywhere. But as soon as the urge to protect myself died down and I realized what I had done, I rushed over to Aries. He was beginning to sit up, clearly disoriented from whatever I managed to do. I crouched next to him, trying to clear as much glass so that I didn't cut my knees.

"Are you okay?" I rushed out, my eyes flickering over his face worriedly. I began to check him for any open wounds frantically, scoping the skin of his arms.

He leaned up on one arm. "That was so fucking hot."

I groaned, standing up and walking away from him. "It never ends with you."

"This is the third table we've gotten in the past two months," Silas deadpanned, still sitting on the couch, completely unaffected. "But it worked. All he really has to do is piss you off and your power gets activated."

"Her power is always activated," Aries said, standing up and dusting himself off. "She's just scared because she doesn't want to hurt me," he mocked, letting out a scoff. "Come at me again."