chapter forty four

"Ready?" Aries asked.

I didn't turn around initially. I continued to fix my bed, tidying the last of my room. I had spent the night with Aries and Silas like I usually did. I hadn't even slept in here, but I just wanted my room to be neater than it usually was. The urge was inexplicable, but I did it anyway.

I turned around once I was done, placing my hands in my back pockets. I nodded once, walking closer to him. I stopped in my tracks, looking up at him with a soft smile. He leaned down, kissing me gently. He held my face, saying nothing.

"I like when you hold me," I admitted quietly. "I've never told you but...being close to you makes me feel safe. I love you so much, Aries."

"Angel," he murmured. "When we get home, I'm putting a baby in you." We both laughed, but he held me closer. "But really, when we get home, I'm never going to leave you alone. Don't complain when I won't let you leave the bed. You asked for it."

"I don't mind," I murmured. "Besides, you're always on my ass. Not much would change."

He frowned. "I love you."

I kissed his cheek softly. "Where's Silas?"

"With Jasmine in the living room." He tugged me by my hand to follow him. I walked behind him, holding his hand just as tightly as he held mine.

"Ready?" Silas asked, standing next to Jasmine. He looked between me and Aries. We both nodded. "We're going to flash to your job. Lucifer is there now. Sofia let us know."

"Sofia?" I asked in confusion. "How do you guys know Sofia-" I shut up immediately, shaking my head to myself. "Is there anyone who isn't a demon at this point?"

"Sofia isn't a demon," Silas mumbled. "She's just in love with Jasmine and would do anything she asked."

Jasmine snapped her head towards Silas, her cheeks burning. "She is not."

"Jasmine..." Silas mumbled, shaking his head. "She worships the ground you walk on."

"She is just being nice," she frowned.

Aries snorted. "She's not just being nice. You're a succubus. You can sense when someone is attracted to you. You're just scared because you actually care about her."

She turned her glare towards Aries, the flustered look on her face dropping quickly. "Shut up, Aries. Anyways," she murmured, changing the subject, "Lucifer is in his office. And we will confront him head on, all of us."

"And you're sure he doesn't see this coming?" I asked curiously.

"He shouldn't," Jasmine mumbled. "I think you overestimate his intelligence."

I shrugged. "I think you underestimate him."

"It's your fear speaking," she waved me off. "Let's go."

"Close your eyes," Aries mumbled to me.

"Why?" I asked.

"We're traveling through space and time. It'll fuck with your head."

I nodded, trusting him. "Okay."

I shut my eyes, standing in my spot. Before I could open my eyes to see if we had went anywhere, I felt a soft kiss on my forehead. I smiled, squeezing his hand a little.