bonus chapter - lucifer & natalia

I tucked my hair behind my ear, shooting a quick smile at the customer as I laid their drink in front of them. The man smiled back, raising the glass to his lips like he had done it often. I returned back to Aimi, leaning next to her as I relaxed a little.

"Do you want a drink?" She asked, a bright smile on her face. "Sofia's okay with it."

"Did she actually say she's okay with it?" I raised an eyebrow, knowing Aimi. "Or are you just saying that because you assume she's okay with it?"

"You're no fun," she pouted. "But Sofia is chill. She wouldn't mind."

I shook my head, but I paused as I thought about it. Sofia was really chill. "You're actually kind of right..." I trailed off. "You're such a bad influence, Aimi."

She grinned, immediately grabbing the bottle of vodka, some ice, and cranberry juice. She slid the drink my way once she was done. I took a quick glance around the bar. Everyone was too drunk out of their minds to care and Sofia wasn't even in sight. She wouldn't have had a clue.

I raised the glance to my lips, taking a quick yet nervous gulp. I paused. The ceiling didn't cave in on me. So I took another sip of my drink, making sure to simultaneously attempt to do my job. I still had customers to take orders from.

Just as I was taking another sip of my drink, I found myself looking at someone in the eye. His brown eyes were focused on me, the look of disapproval strong. From the tightness of his jaw, to the subtle tick of his eyebrow, I could see his annoyance. My boss-Lucifer-was staring me in the face and he didn't look pleased. Even in the crowded bar he stood out. And even in the dim light he looked extremely fuckable.

I lowered the glass from my mouth quickly. It nearly shattered, but I managed to grasp it quick enough. I set it down, shooting him an innocent smile. He didn't take it like I hoped he would.

The angry expression quickly left his face sending a shiver up and down my spine. The cold feeling I got from the sudden change in mood left me feel nervous. He leaned over the bar top, commanding space without even having to ask for it. He wasn't even that close to me yet I still felt weak in the knees.

He did what he did best and smirked at me. But through the smirk, the annoyance was smoldering. A curl from his hair fell down and into his face, right below his eyebrow. I wanted to reach out and touch but I didn't. I clenched my thighs tightly, wondering briefly if anyone was looking at us-but they weren't.

"My office," he said.

I watched as he walked away from me. I cursed under my breath. Way to fucking go, Natalia. Now I was in trouble. I let out a small groan, turning to find Aimi. She had just finished up with another customer, completely unaware of what had just happened. The smile on her face said it all.

"I'll be right back," I muttered to her. "Samael caught me drinking on the job."

She sent me a sympathetic smile. "I'm sure he won't be that mad."

I could hear that she didn't even believe what she was saying. I just removed my apron, tossing it quickly, and going to the back where his office was. He was seated behind his desk, his eyes trained straight on me. I nibbled on my bottom lip, standing in the door frame.

"Shut the door," he told me. I huffed under my breath but closed, leaving it slightly ajar. The room became much warmer within seconds. "Is that an attitude I hear? You're the one who was drinking on the job when you weren't supposed to."