chapter forty three

"So you want me to make Lucifer cry?" Jasmine asked, leaning back in her seat. "You don't have to ask me twice."

This was the first time that I had been in Jasmine's apartment, and I hated that it had to be under these circumstances. I never asked where she lived because she often spent it at our apartment. It was small and cozy in the Upper East Side. So as small and cozy as it was, it was expensive. It was obvious by the furnishing, by the people flooding in and out of the apartment building, and the general area.

It was spacious, more spacious than needed for one person. I was almost jealous. I was cramped up with two men and she had all of this room. If she had been looking for a roommate a couple of months ago, I would've moved in with her, no questions asked. And her elevator had no mirrors, which was an added bonus.

Aries glanced over at Silas, his lips curving upwards slowly. "Are you sure she isn't my sister and not yours?"

"She just might be," Silas responded, leaning back in his seat next to me. "Nothing surprises me anymore."

"So when do you want me to do it?" She asked.

"Tomorrow," Aries murmured, glancing over at me. His gaze almost caused me to melt. It was almost as soft as when he told me that he loved me. I wrapped my arm around his, shifting closer and laying my head against his shoulder. "There's only two days left until she has to tell him her decision."

"Which was always no, right?" Jasmine asked hesitantly.

I nodded. "Yes. Why do you and Lila think that I'd actually have went through with it?"

"People do crazy things when they're in love," she said, glancing between me with my head rested on Aries' shoulder and Silas' hand laid in my lap. "And you guys...just...are insanely attached to one another. I don't know what either of you would do for the other at this point."

"Die," Silas responded.

My head jerked off of Aries' shoulder. "Don't say that," I scolded him quickly.

"What?" He raised an eyebrow. "That I would die for you?" I nodded. "But I would."

How could I tell him not to want to die for me when he looked at me like a confused child? He was frowning, his blue eyes as bright as day. I exhaled slowly. He was so pretty and so sweet. But that didn't change how I felt.

"But I don't want you to," I frowned, brushing his hair out his eyes.

He cuddled his face into my hand. "Why?"

"Because I want you to be here. We're going to be okay. You don't have to die for me, Silas."

"Okay," he mumbled with a slow nod. "But if it came to it, I would still die for you."

I groaned, removing my hand from his face. I moved back against Aries. Silas' frowned deepened, and he moved closer again. I nearly swooned. He was such a puppy.

"I'd die for you too," Aries mumbled from behind me.

I sighed sharply, turning my head to look at him. "Don't start."

He smiled softly, leaving a gentle kiss on my lips. I couldn't help the big smile that arose on my face. I wanted to tell him not to look at me that way, because when he did I just completely melted inside. But I also never wanted him to stop looking at me that way.