Chapter one

Chapter 1: (Olivia's POV)

"I will never understand how you like this class." Emily whispered from beside me. Ladies and gentlemen, meet my best friend, Emily Miller. "Me neither. I just do." I whispered and shrugged back. And then meet me, Olivia Jones. I'm seventeen years old, my birthday falls on December thirteenth, I live in Grover Beach, which is a small beach community, right in the centre of the coast in Cali where it's summer all day everyday, every year.

I am the most antisocial person I know which is why I've stuck with my one best friend since middle school, and I'm obsessed with books and English is my favorite subject. Now, I know a lot of people hate it but let's be honest, English teachers are the coolest just like our lovely Mr Harrison.

"What's the answer to question four?" Emily nudged my elbow with hers.

"Emily, it's a comprehension sheet, not greek or latin." Mr Harrison spoke, catching everyone's attention. Ok, maybe he's not so lovely to all students but he actually very clearly has favorites and I happen to be one. I'm not a teacher's pet. I swear. She rolled her eyes before looking down at her sheet. I pushed my sheet a little bit towards her.

Always gotta help out a sister. I finished my work five minutes before the bell would ring so I decided to listen to music. Mr Harrison noticed and came and collected my sheet. "What'cha listening to?" I felt someone rip out my ear phone and put in their ear. This, ladies and gents, is Austin King. My archenemy.

Let me give you guys a little sneak peak into his life. From what I know. He is a jerk who can't stop bothering me, he never pays attention in class but still gets amazing scores, at least in English, he happens to be one of Mr Harrison's favorite students, he asked me out on a date last year but I rejected him and since then, he hasn't stopped pestering me.

He carries around the oh so famous bad boy image. Breaks rules, skips all classes apparently except for the ones he has with me, at least that's what Emily told me, has gotten in trouble with the cops a couple of times and has some sort of terrifying effect on everyone. Except me.

The bell rang and Emily suddenly jumps out of her seat and grabs my hand, dragging me out of the class with her. "Geez, wait a second." I pulled myself out of her grip and quickly ran back to the class, catching Austin just in time. "Gotta go." I mumbled before pulling my airpod (slight flex :p) out of his ear and dashing down the hall. I quickly ran to my locker, knowing Emily was already gone for her next class which unfortunately she doesn't have with me.

She has history while I have geography. I grabbed my books and shut my locker and turned on my heels, well not high heels, converse, only to end up getting pushed against the locker, slamming my back into it.

"Ouch!" I whispered under my breath as I came face to face, or well, face to chest, with... You guessed it, Austin King. "What do you want Austin?" I asked while I pushed him off of me and fixed my bag on my shoulder while I began walking to my next class which was a floor down. "You already know the answer to that." he smirked at me. He was gonna wink, I just knew it, so before he could, I looked down at the floor and kept walking.

Just keep walking Liv, keep walking. "Then you know what I'm gonna say too. No." I looked and the steps while walking down them. 

"Liv, come on." he slid down the railing and stopped right at the end of the stairs, blocking my way. "That was smooth. Not smooth enough though." I patted his shoulder with false pity before walking around him. "Liv, I've been asking you out for a year." he whined.

"Uh no, you've asked me out twice within one year." I corrected him before opening the door of my class and walking in, ignoring glares from girls, and winks from guys. If you couldn't tell, I hate attention and when Austin asked me out, it brought me just that. "I don't even ask girls out at all, Liv. You should feel special." he cocked an eyebrow at me while he blocked my seat.

"I don't want to feel special, King. Get out of my seat please." I said sternly still being polite. I did say please now didn't I? "What if I don't?" he smirked at me. What the fuck? Don't mind me swearing. Is this guy dumb? "Then I'll take yours. Or the one next to Jason. Hey Jason!" I waved over at Jason. Austin hates Jason because Jason asked me out after I rejected Austin. I would have said yes to him but he's not my type. "Hey Livia." he smiled at me. I looked down to see Austin glaring at Jason but moving out of my seat, and into his.

I gave him a sickly sweet smile before plopping down in my seat. "You're going to go out on a date with me soon enough." he whispered in my ear from behind. See another thing about Austin, he tried so hard to have an effect on me, but his tactics just don't work. "You wish." I scoffed as I turned to look at him before facing the front where the teacher now walked in. I had stayed sorted throughout my high school life. No boys, no drama, not fights.

I'm an unproblematic girl. I'm not interested in heartbreak plus, I don't think I'm strong enough to handle it, when I think I can handle it, or find someone who's worth it, I'll let myself fall. Even though it's my heart's decision, I'll just let my crushes dissolve usually. Lucky me, I haven't had a crush on Austin.

"Liv. Liv. Livia." he poked me with his pencil repeatedly but I knew better than to give him attention and get distracted in class. He has almost all his classes with me too. Aren't I lucky? "Is something bothering you Mr King?" Mrs Walsh asked from the front of the class. He can't do much now can he? "Actually, yes Mrs Walsh, there is. May Olivia and I step out to sort it out?" he asked her with puppy eyes.

Oh my god this boy manages to charm every female. Even our forty year old Mrs Walsh. Fucking gross. "Just a few minutes." she said warningly before I let out a groan and let him drag me out.

"You're gonna have to give in eventually." he smirked while leaning against the wall.

"You're gonna have to give up eventually." I retorted while leaning on the wall opposite to him. He let out a sigh before walking over to my side, trapping me between him and the wall. "What the fuck is it that you hate about me so bad?" he said in just above a whisper.

Ok, he's awfully close to me. "I don't hate anything about you. I'm just not interested." I shrugged casually, still not letting him have an effect on me. He clicked his tongue before taking a step back. "I'm still not giving up." he shook his head.

"Is that all for today or..." I trailed off.

"Seven o'clock. Wear something nice." he said while shamelessly checking me out. Why does he feel the need to check me out everyday? Isn't once enough? "I'm not coming." I shook my head no. I knew exactly what he was talking about. "Well, Emily's going, it's her boyfriend's party which means you are too." he shrugged with a smile, he knew he already won this one.

"It's January. Who even throws parties in January?" I mumbled to myself but he clearly heard it. "Literally everyone. It's the first month of the new year. Keep up, Liv." he smirked before stepping dangerously close to me again. "I'll be there to pick you up." he gave me a boyish grin.

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows at him while placing my hands on his chest, ready to push him off of me. "Shall we head in or... " he trailed off. "People might get the wrong impression." he smirked.

"You're disgusting." I pushed him off before walking back in. Damn you Austin King.

.

.

.

.

.

I'm back bitchessssssssss