Chapter thirty-nine

Chapter 39: (Olivia's POV)

"For now." I stood up and grabbed his hand, trying to make him more optimistic. He shook his head slightly before talking. 

"I don't have anyone left Liv." he breathed while crumbling the towel in his hand. 

"You have me." I took the towel from his hands and tossed it on the floor behind me. He looked down at me while his arms stayed stiffed. I grabbed his wrists and wrapped his arms around my waist before standing on my toes and placing my lips against his while wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"And you have the waffles that I'm about to go make for you," I spoke after pulling away, trying to lighten the mood and from the smile and laugh that escaped his lips, I'd say it worked for the most part. 

"My waffles of course." he laughed while pulling away and locking his hand with mine. I pulled him down the stairs and into the kitchen where he stood and talked to me, keeping me company while I whipped him up some waffles. He waited patiently until I was done even though he was starving and began eating once I handed the plate with a glass of orange juice to him. 

I then grabbed an orange for myself which I peeled and slowly ate while we made conversation. 

"Any plans for the day?" I questioned as I threw away the peels once I finished eating. 

"Just to stay with you I guess." he shrugged as he walked over to me and trapped me between the counter and him. 

"Great plan there huh?" I snorted while looking up at him.

"Amazing plan there." he leaned in closer, towering over me while inching his lips closer to mine, dangerously close to mine. "You smell like oranges." he chuckled slightly, his words making me laugh. 

"I bet I taste like them too." I blurted out. "Not in that way!" I quickly spit out, making him smile and laugh. 

"I bet you do," he smirked before leaning in and softly placing his lips on mine. He smiled into the kiss before pulling away after a while. "You do." he smiled, making me laugh to cover my blush. 

"Let's find something to watch." I lightly pushed him off before walking over and then plopping down on his couch. We decided to watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine since it was a show we both hadn't watch and didn't mind watching.

x-X-x Twenty Minutes Later

"Let me watch the show!" I squealed while grabbing a hold of Austin's hand which kept tickling, poking and jabbing my side. Turns out I ended up being a lot more interested in the show than Austin and he now wanted to do something else, whereas I just wanted to watch. 

"Fine." he sighed in defeat. Or so I thought. He intertwined our fingers and shifted closer to me. I watched him from the corner of my eye suspiciously but ignored him and continued watching the show. 

That was until I felt his finger trailing down my neck while he rested his head on my shoulder and going down to my collar bone, making me squirm under his touch. 

He traced my collarbone up and down twice before trailing his finger back up my neck. I shifted a little and I just knew he was smirking. 

His finger outlined my ear before trailing back down my neck and collarbone before I felt him press his lips on my bare shoulder since I had changed when I had gone to my house and gotten some necessities for the next few days. 

His lips inched further up and kissed my collarbone making me squirm even more than earlier. His lips trailed up to where he kissed my neck, hard. 

If you don't know what that means. Hickey. It means he's giving me a fucking hickey.

"Austin," I spoke in a warning tone while trying to pull myself away but my knees felt weak and I couldn't bring myself to move or stand up. 

"Did I do something?" he looked up at me, bluffing innocence. 

"You tell me. Did you?" I asked, hiding the shakiness in my voice, feigning confidence. 

"I don't think I did. You can keep watching your show." he pouted. I bit back a smile and diverted my gaze back to the screen only to feel his lips on my neck again. I tightly squeezed his hand that was holding mine and closed my eyes simultaneously. 

"Austin." I let out a shaky breath. 

"Yes?" he mumbled while smirking against my skin.

"Don't." I sighed weakly. "Please." my voice was barely coming out as a whisper and I hated that he had such an effect on me, I hate every bit of it yet somehow, I still loved it. 

"Why?" he whispered against my skin. 

"I don't like it," I whispered, lying to him and myself.

"You sure?" his lips grazed against my skin. Nope, I'm not sure at all but am I gonna admit that? Hell no. 

"You have my attention," I admitted finally growing the balls and pulling myself away, as well as pushing him off. 

"I don't want your attention." he grabbed my wrist and pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him. 

I gasped before talking, "What are you doing?" my hands rested on his chest.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" he arched an eyebrow at me before grabbing my face softly and crashing his lips against mine. 

"Austin, we can't. We're friends." I took panted while mumbling against his lips since he wouldn't let me pull away. 

"Bullshit." he smiled against my lips before pulling them back onto his. 

"Austin please wait I-" I pulled away panting, taking heavy, short breaths while pressing my hand to his chest and pulling away. 

"I'm sorry." he laughed slightly but it was humorless. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have-" I crashed my lips on his before he could finish that sentence because I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to hear him saying that kissing or well- making out with me right now was a mistake because I didn't want it to be a mistake. 

I wanted him to want it just as bad as I did even though I didn't act on it and didn't make it easy for him to act on it either. My hand wrapped itself around the back and nape of his neck as I pulled him in further, deepening the kiss.

We sat there and made out for a couple of minutes, taking moments in between to catch our breaths. That's like the first time I've made out with someone and it was very unexpected but it was amazing. I shouldn't think that but I do. I would do it again and I shouldn't want to do that either but I do. 

There's nothing I can do about the way I feel and my feelings for Austin in particular. If I have them, I have to deal and live with them. And just pray he has them too. 

"It wasn't a mistake." he breathed while my forehead rested against his with my arms draped around his neck and his around my waist. 

"I'm glad," I whispered faintly, I wasn't sure if he heard it or not but then he smiled and I knew he did.

He owned me. Almost every single part of me, and there's nothing that I could do about it. Absolutely nothing. I'm starting to like him. Like really like him.

I might be starting to develop feelings. Feelings deeper than the liking I already had.

Feelings closer to love?

.

.

.

.

.

Love is in the fucking air bro.