Chapter three

Chapter 3: (Olivia's POV)

"Will you stop following me around?" I asked as I turned around in frustration, finally facing Austin. Thirty minutes. It's been thirty minutes since I've been walking around trying to get away from him. I first, when into the backyard, then to the floor above where I currently am again. Before this, I tried to sneak through the ocean of people but he still found me. "No can do." he shook his head. 

"Why? Why can you not stop following me around?" I asked as he walked up to me at the end of the hallway where I was standing. "I'm your date for tonight. So I can't." he shrugged. 

"Please, you would have followed me around even if you weren't my date." I scoffed while leaning against the door of a room. 

"Probably." he nodded while admitting. That's what he always does. At every. Single. Party. He usually can't find me because midway, I go and sit in the car since I usually drive back cause I don't drink. I rolled my eyes while he stepped closer to me and stood a few inches away from me. I was looking at him with a bored expression while he was looking at me as if he was admiring me.

 My eyes trailed along his face. I never noticed the little freckles that were painted across his nose. Or how his eyes were actually hazel not brown. They look almost green in this lighting. Unfortunately I was too busy observing his eyes to realize someone opened the door that I was leaning on. A small gasp escaped my lips as I stumbled backwards. I closed my eyes expecting to fall on my butt but Austin caught me just in time. I grabbed onto his shirt for security, I didn't know when this idiot would drop me.

"Saved you." he smirked before pulling me up. I let out a sigh while I thanked god for not letting me fall on my ass while the couple in the room passed us. Don't wanna know what they were up to. "Shut up." I threw his hands off of my waist as I began walking back down the stairs only to have him grab my arms as someone screamed. 

"We're playing seven minutes in heaven in the first guest room up here on the first floor!" a guy screamed and suddenly people were running a marathon to get up to the guest room. I stood a step below his until someone pushed me on their way up to the room, making me almost tumble over him but he caught me again.

"Everyone's playing, come on." he sighed as were suddenly the only ones here. How many people does the guest room even hold? "So?" I asked with raised brows.

"So I'm not letting you go and sit in the car. Come on." he pulled me towards the room while I was processing that he knows and doesn't actually bother me and before I knew it, we were sitting in the circle. The bottle spun and it landed on a red head girl who looked like she was a freshman. Why is she here? She's like fifteen years old. "Choose the person you would like to go into the closet with." Emily told the girl. Is nobody going to acknowledge that she's literally a fetus?

"This is not how you play this game. The bottle chooses!" a girl complained in her high pitched voice. I think my ears are ringing. "This is how we play, Brittany. So shut the fuck up!" told those were Emily's words. She chose a random guy since she said she didn't know anybody here. Now that's bold. I could never. Seven minutes went by pretty quick since people began their own conversations while I just sat there, listening to Austin talking to a guy who sat next to him. 

Soon, the two came out with a big red stain on the guy's lips. Gross dude! "Alright. Next two." a girl said before spinning the bottle. This went on for roughly ten minutes and slowly people who had already had a turn, started leaving the room and heading back downstairs. I was doing fine until the bottle landed on Austin. 

He scanned the room, giving me false hope until his eyes landed on me, where I sat next to him. "Please don't. Why don't you choose a girl who'll at least kiss you." I said a little too loud maybe since a series of 'Ooh's' and gasps spread around the room in like point two seconds. Ok, who the hell do they think he is? Some god?

"I already chose. Come on, get up." he stood up and held his hand out to me. I looked around the room to see everyone looking at me in anticipation to see if I would go or not. Now, I'm not that mean so I won't humiliate him and I'll just go. I let out a groan before placing my hand in his and letting him help me up to my feet, and then pull me into the closet. A girl followed us and once we stepped into the fairly large closet, she shut the door and said,

"Your seven minutes start now!" she yelled before I heard footsteps fading suggesting that she went back to her seat. Well this is just gonna be seven minutes in hell. It's really dark in here. Well, duh Olivia that's how you play the damn game. These seven minutes are going by awfully slow. 

Well, realistically it probably has just been like twenty seconds. "I'm not letting you leave this closet until you tell me why you hate me and won't go out on one date with me." I heard him say and from how distant he sounded, I'd say he was standing opposite to me. "Too bad you've only got seven minutes." I retorted.

"You really think Kyle won't just leave us in here if I tell him to?" he questioned.

"You really think Emily would let him? I know she still thinks we'd be good together but if I tell her to, she'll get me out of here. So if I tell her, do you really think she'd let Kyle leave us here?" I argued and raised my eyebrow cockily but realized he couldn't see.

"Just tell me why, Liv." he took a step closer to me. I could swear he did, I felt him get closer. It doesn't help that he's kind of the only person that really calls me Liv because he knows I hate people calling me Livia but they do it anyway. "Because I'm not looking for heartbreak, Austin!" I suddenly snapped. I don't know why I snapped like that because I wasn't triggered but I guess it just got to me. 

"And that's exactly what you bring. I spent all this time, from when you first asked me on a date, making sure I never liked you or developed any feeling towards you because I know that you don't have feelings towards me. You just think I'm hot and you just want to get with me. Isn't that right? I mean, originally I was just a bet. You first asked me out just to prove a point to someone who told you that I'd never go out with you." I blurted out everything. 

Every damn thing. "Shit happened, Olivia. After you said no to me, shit happened. It wasn't just about proving a point to someone anymore. I actually started liking you." he explained himself.

"Ok, so you like the chase. But what happens if I say yes? You get bored and leave me with a broken heart. I'm not interested in that, hence, I am not interested in you." I paused. "How do I know you won't break my heart?" I questioned while unfolding my arms, and letting them drop to my sides. 

"How do you know I will?" he took another step closer.

 I looked down at the little light shining in from the creek at the bottom to see his feet right in front of mine. "Don't take another step closer. You'll step on my toes." I mumbled and pointed out. He took a step back and chuckled. 

"See, this is why I like you. While I'm trying to tell you I like you, you're talking about how if I take a step closer I'll step on your toes." he laughed while I felt heat rise up to my cheeks. Why the hell am I blushing?

 "I like you, Olivia and you're mine. And you can't do anything to change that." he stated before he took a step forward and pressed his lips to mine. What the holy frickity frackity freaking hell just happened?

.

.

.

.

.

Tea split.