Chapter thirty-two

Chapter 32: (Austin's POV)

"You don't understand Austin, you cannot just tag along because you feel like it!" my mom yelled at me. 

"Mom, this is not a trip that I'm tagging along on! I don't want her going with you!" I shouted back. 

"Please calm down." Olivia's small, soft voice tried to calm us down but we were both far too heated to stop yelling at each other right now. 

"I am going with her! That's final!" she shouted again. 

"I am not letting her go by herself with you!" I too shouted, determined. Very determined. 

"You are not her parent!" she screamed. That was her sad excuse of an argument? 

"Well it feels like I am since I'm practically the one who raised her!" two can light this fire.

"Guys!" Olivia finally shouted at the top of her lungs and both of us instantly shut the fuck up. My mother especially. "With all due respect Ms. King, can you please not yell in my house and Austin-" she turned to me but instead of scolding me, she looked at me and her eyes softened and she let it slide. 

"Would you mind if I have a word with him?" she asked my mom who shook her head in response as Liv grabbed my hand and dragged me up to her room. She walked in front of me and once we ended up in her room, she shut the door and pushed me against it. 

"What the hell are you doing? Do you not understand that this involves the law?" she shouted. "Austin, I know you care about Amber ok? I know that but you can't do anything. And if you really want to do something, just promise me you won't fuck with the law." she placed her hand on her forehead. "Just, nothing to get you in trouble," she spoke pleadingly.

"Why are you getting so affected by everything? Liv, this isn't your problem and I'm not going to be the one to drag you into it." I sighed while taking a step closer to her, only for her to shove me back, causing my back to crash into the door. It didn't hurt but it affected me, not just physically but mentally too. 

"I'm being fucking stupid and dragging myself into it because I care about Amber, and I care about you." she said sternly, pressing a finger to my chest. I couldn't help but let a small smile find its way to my face. 

"You care about me?" I smirked as I leaned my head back, resting it on the door. 

"Don't do that. Don't change the subject." she glared at me, taking a step back. "Austin, think with a calm fucking mind. For Amber, please." she sighed while I grabbed her wrists and pulled her closer to myself. 

"I'm not letting Amber go. But I promise I'll think with a calm fucking mind." I teased her, making her stifle a laugh. "For you." I finished. Her eyes snapped up to meet mine as my breath got caught in my throat. 

God, I like this girl. I really, really like this girl. 

"I don't want to make your mom wait any longer. She already hates me enough." she tore her wrists out of my grip and rested her face in her palms.

"My mom does not hate you. I swear. She thinks you're pretty. She's just hesitant because I've never really been this serious with a girl. She's never here but she knows it all." I tried to lighten the tension in the air before we both took a deep breath and walked back down.

My mom was sitting there, with her elbows resting on her knees and her head resting in her hands. I cleared my throat before speaking, "Mom, can I talk to you?" I spoke timidly. I did not want to speak to her right now but for Amber, I had to. For Liv, I had to. She sat up straight as I sat back down with Liv seated beside me. 

"I want it to be her choice. She should be able to choose if she wants to go. She doesn't have to just because the court said so. If she agrees to go with you, I'll let her. If she doesn't, you will not take her. Fair enough?" I suggested the idea that Liv indirectly drilled into my head. In the end, it's all Amber's choice. 

"Fair enough." my mom nodded in agreement. "Do you plan on staying here for the next few days?" she questioned as she zipped up her purse. 

"No, I'll be home by tonight." I sent her a small smile which she returned. 

"I'm going to be picking Amber up from school today," she informed me. Not gonna lie, that surprised me. "I know you want to keep your sister but I'm trying to keep my daughter too." she smiled while I let out a soft chuckle.

"I'll see you later," she said as she stood up and walked herself to the door while Liv and I stood up and followed. 

"Olivia was it?" she turned and questioned Liv who nervously nodded. "You're a very pretty girl. A good influence on him too. Don't let that change." she smiled before walking herself out and to her car, driving away. 

"Don't let that change." I mocked in a high pitched voice. Not to be disrespectful or anything. Maybe it was just my built-up anger. 

"That's rude." Liv smacked my chest before walking to the kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing herself a box of cherries. She washed them before grabbing some and putting them in a bowl for herself before going and plopping down on the couch. 

"So you're leaving tonight then?" she questioned as I walked over and took a seat next to her. 

"Do you want me to stay?" I nudged her shoulder flirtatiously. 

"Of course not. And even if I did, I wouldn't admit it." she smiled, biting a cherry before putting the stem back in the bowl and spitting the seed out. 

"And why is that?" I smiled.

"Your ego doesn't need to get any bigger than it already is." she shrugged, staring straight ahead at the blank tv, eating cherries. 

"Please, you love when I get cocky. It makes you laugh." I pointed out as I took a cherry from her bowl, making her frown at me. 

"That was mine." she pouted at me, looking like a baby. 

"Now it's mine." I shrugged, taking a few more and soon enough, we were sharing. Look at that! The girl can share food now! She huffed as she ate the last cherry as stood up. 

"We're going to get bored to death if we don't find something to do." she groaned, walking to the kitchen and throwing the seeds out before washing the bowl and putting it back. 

"Then let's find something to do." I sighed as I followed her and stood behind her. She turned around and stumbled, clearly not expecting the proximity but I caught her before she fell, as always. 

"You stumble a lot." I pointed out.

"You pop up out of nowhere a lot." she whispered underneath her breath but I heard it.

"Get used to it." I leaned in while placing my hands on the counter behind her, on either side of her waist. 

"Should I now?" she rested her arms around my neck, taking me by surprise.

Usually, she would stand still and eventually push me off of her and if I didn't know any better, I'd say she was flirting back. "Yes actually, you should." I nodded with a smirk on my lips as I leaned in slowly and steadily. 

"Are you flirting with me?" she narrowed her eyes down at me, retreating her arms. 

"Have been for the past year, but thanks for noticing." I smiled while she laughed at my words. "I am very much flirting with you." I nodded at her shamelessly. She blushed a faint shade of crimson and looked to the left, avoiding my gaze.

"Is this what you do when you're bored? Flirt with girls?" she looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I just flirt with you. And not just when I'm bored." I smiled.

.

.

.

.

.

Hear that you guys, she's flirting back :0