Chapter fifty

Chapter 50: (Olivia's POV)

"Goodnight kids, we'll see you tomorrow morning." their grandma said as she and her husband made their way into the room into the corridor opposite to the kitchen. 

"Bye, you guys!" Amber giggled before going upstairs, stepping on a step with both feet at a time and adorably stumbling occasionally. 

"And then there were two," Austin whispered while trying to wrap his arm around my waist which I threw off. 

"Get off. Goodnight." I spat before turning around to make my way up to the room I'm staying in, only for him to grab my wrist and pull me to his chest. 

"Stop." he sighed. "Stop running away." he paused. "I'm trying to make it up to you, I-" he was talking but I cut his words short. 

"Well then try harder." I took my wrist out of his grip spiteful and ran upstairs, back into my room for the time being.

x-X-x Two Hours Later

I was lying in bed, still awake. I couldn't sleep. I missed Austin and yes, he's in the same house but he's not next to me like he has been for the past few nights. It's pretty hard to fall asleep when he's not here but I do not regret holding a grudge against him right now. 

The fact that he thought I could say something like that about his mom, meant that that's how he thinks of me. And knowing that hurt. 

I just lay there with my eyes closed, thinking of nothing specifically when I heard my door slowly click open. I kept my eyes shut and pretended to be asleep when I faintly opened them and saw Austin turning around and closing the door. 

I lied still on my left with my body facing the walls as I heard him walk over to the bed and crawl onto it. My breath hitched in my throat as he lied down beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist. 

I tried my hardest not to stiffen and continue to pretend to be asleep but his voice made that impossible.

"Olivia, I know you're awake," he whispered against my ear, giving me chills. I stayed silent for a moment before beginning to talk quietly, 

"What are you doing here?" he didn't answer. "What do you want?" I pressed further.

"I couldn't sleep." he softly kissed my shoulder before resting his chin on it, making butterflies erupt in my stomach. 

"So what are you here for?" I questioned, my voice void of any emotion. Maybe a little bitterness and hurt managed to shine through. 

"I don't know," he mumbled against my skin. "I just thought maybe being with you would help. It has been for the past few days," he spoke in just above a whisper. 

"What if I wouldn't have let you stay here?" I questioned while staring at nothing.

"Then I don't know what I would've done. I was just hoping you would," he whispered. I stayed quiet, not knowing what to say. "Liv, I need to tell you something," he spoke lowly. My heartbeat quickened as I slowly flipped and turned over to face him. 

"Everything ok?" I questioned, pushing my facade aside and getting genuinely concerned for him. 

"I just have something that I want you to know. I do not know how to tell you this so I'm just gonna say it." he laughed awkwardly while blushing slightly. He looked adorable. My anger seemed to have subsided as he held my hand, intertwining our fingers. "Liv," he began.

"Hmm?" I hummed in response.

"I love you."

I immediately sat up in my seat with confusion, disbelief, and shock on my face. "You what?" I breathed. "I love you," he repeated himself. "And I know I'm not supposed to because you don't fully trust me, I know that but I just had to tell you. Not just to make it up to you. I had to tell because I do. I truly love you." he spoke in one quick breath. 

"You don't have to say it back." his voice dulled down. 

"What if I want to?" I mumbled quietly, making his eyes snap up to meet mine. "I love you, Austin," I whispered. "And I'm not just saying that I do and I-" I began to rant but he cut me off by pressing his lips to mine swiftly.

I tried to pull away but he didn't let me, instead he placed his arms around my waist and lifted me to his lap, having me straddle him. 

"Wait, wait, wait!" I whispered breathlessly while breaking the kiss. "I'm supposed to be mad at you," I spoke while tucking my hair behind my ear. 

"Do you accept my apology this time?" he looked up at me pleadingly. I smoothly placed my lips on his. 

"Does that answer your question?" I arched an eyebrow at him.

"No." he shook his head. "Say it," he demanded.

"I accept your apology." I smiled before he pulled my lips back down to his.

"You have no idea how much I missed being able to do that," he mumbled against my lips.

"You couldn't last a day," I said teasingly.

"No, I couldn't." he sighed while resting his forehead against mine. "I love you, Liv." he sighed.

"I love you too, Austin," I replied with a smile dancing on my lips.

After a few minutes of convincing him to let me get off, he finally agreed and let me. So I got off and lied back down in my spot while he lied down in his.

x-X-x The Next Morning

"Grandma let's go! Leave them alone!" I heard someone whisper yell while I heard shuffling around the room. 

"Oh hush honey, they look adorable together." I heard Austin's grandma's voice. I kept my eyes closed while panicking internally. 

"Grandma you're a creep!" Amber hissed. "Let's go!" she whisper yelled again. I bit back a laugh and continued to pretend to sleep while snuggling further into Austin's arms while nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck. I shamelessly hugged him and pulled him in closer as his grandmother cooed. 

"You're crazy," Austin whispered soft enough that only I heard. 

"You love it," I mumbled before placing a kiss on his neck as I heard Amber pulling their grandma out of the room while hissing non-stop. 

"What time is it?" I mumbled against his skin. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at his phone on the nightstand. 

"It's six in the morning, why are they up this early?" he spoke, his voice raspy and deep. 

"That means it's nine in the morning. Your phone is running on time back in town." I laughed while trying to pull away only for him to grab my waist and pull me closer to himself.

"Ok, Ms. Smarty Pants. Now let's sleep in till ten," he mumbled before kissing the top of my head.

"Just till ten ok?" I let my eyes close again. 

And then we woke up at noon.

So much for just till ten.

.

.

.

.

.