Chapter forty-six

Chapter 46: (Olivia's POV)

Everything happened so quickly, I had barely had time to process it until we were in our seats, waiting for the flight to take off. I got a window seat while Austin's was in the middle, we were lucky no one sat beside him so we had the row to ourselves. He sat with his chin in the palm of his hand which was propped up while his elbow rested on the armrest as his leg bounced out of nervousness. 

I observed him for a moment, taking in how the anxiety radiated off of him. He chewed on the inside of his cheek while checking the time every so often from his phone. His foot constantly tapped against the floor while his leg bounced up and down and it was painful to watch him go through so much. 

I grabbed his left hand since it was closer to mine and intertwined my fingers with his. He snapped his head in my direction, looking at me with confusion. "Just hold on a little longer," I whispered while leaning my head on his shoulder and looking straight ahead and the line of people that were filing in. 

"I lo-" he hesitated and my heart stopped at that moment. "I like you," he whispered before bringing my hand which held his to his lips and kissing it softly. For a second I thought he would've said something else, something completely different, and I wished he did.

I shouldn't, but I did.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." the announcement began and soon we were taking off.

x-X-x After Landing

The flight was five hours and twenty minutes long. We got there and tiredly grabbed our stuff before getting off the plane. "Can you catch a breath now? We're here?" I asked while he grabbed our luggage before pulling me into his side and kissing the top of my head. 

"I'm so tired." he yawned while stretching. He didn't sleep at all on the plane and I didn't sleep because he didn't sleep. 

"No one told you not to sleep. That was all you."I stood in front of him and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my cheek on his chest. 

"What's your excuse?" he raised his eyebrows at me while wrapped his arms around me. 

"You," I mumbled into his jacket.

"Austin!" I heard the voice of a man yelling, making me pull away much to my dismay. Austin grabbed our bags and began walking to the man who stood there in a suit. 

"Tony." Austin greeted him with a nod. The man pulled Austin into a stiff hug. We arrived at almost noon here since New York is three hours ahead and we were hungry. I for one, do not eat flight food and as expected, neither does Austin. That shit is nasty. 

"Are grandma and grandpa ok?" Austin asked as we began walking to what I assumed would be their car. 

"They're not handling everything that's going on very well. They're very upset with the parent that your mother has become. I don't completely blame them, she doesn't even have time for her kids. They're trying with Amber but their anger is just too much for her to handle at such a young age." Tony explained while Austin as him placed out bags in the trunk of the freaking Range Rover.

"Well that's not her fault now is it?" Austin retaliated. "I'm taking her back, she can see them when she's old enough to handle their anger." he spat before slamming the trunk shut and sitting in the car, leaving me outside with Tony. 

"I'm Tony, the head of security for the Kings." he reached his hand out for me to shake. Head of security? 

"I'm Olivia. Austin's girlfriend." I hesitantly shook it. 

"The boy got himself a girlfriend? I haven't seen that kid since he was this small." he lowered his hand till it was about two feet above the ground. A smile made its way to my lips before his expression saddened. 

"He's gone through a lot. Better keep him happy." he narrowed his eyes down at me jokingly. 

"I try my hardest." I laughed a little. "Tony, would you mind if I speak to him for a moment please?" I asked with a pleading look on my face. He nodded without hesitation and opened the door for me to get it. 

I got in a took a seat beside Austin since he scooted over. "Hi," I spoke quietly as I turned so I fully facing him. He had his arms folded across his chest while he stared out of the window. 

"Hey," he mumbled grumpily.

"Austin." I nudged his leg with mine trying to get his attention but he just ignored me. I know he's not mad at me, he's just having that time where you're mad at the world because of your situation.

"Austin? Hello." I poked his cheek trying to get him to smile and crack up. "Austin." I nudged him with my elbow. 

"Liv, don't!" he snapped and spoke sternly yet loudly, not yelling, but loud enough to make me stop.

I was a little shocked because I had never seen him get mad and snap at anyone like that so I froze up for a second and didn't know what to do. I recomposed myself in time and tried handling the situation as best as I could. 

"Why are you getting so upset?" I asked softly while trying to hold his hand but he just pulled it away. "Austin, we're here, we're gonna get her and we'll be out of here in no time. I know you're mad at people but please don't act like this." I sighed. 

"If you want a little space then please just tell me that because I'm sitting here when you're upset and I'm trying to make you feel better and I don't want to do that if you're just going to snap at me because that isn't gonna do either of us any good." I reached out to hold his hand again once he turned to look at me and thankfully, this time he let me. 

"I care about you and I hate seeing you this way. So please if I'm doing anything to make you more angry or upset than you already are, just tell me so I can-" I was talking but he cut me off and pulled my lips to his. Hard. 

He pulled away and I slowly opened my eyes. "Liv, I appreciate your help with everything and you being there for me but why did you come here?" he let out a distressed sigh. "The only thing you're going to have to deal with is me being angry and-and snapping at people and fighting with people and hurting people. The last thing I want is for you to see that." he leaned his head on the headrest with a sigh.

"Austin," I began while pulling his face down so he met my eyes. "I like you whether you fight, hurt, get angry or snap at the people who made you upset and angry. Get angry at everyone all you want, get angry at me when I do something wrong just- just don't take your anger for others out on me. I know that's selfish- I know that." I mumbled the last part but I was aware he heard me. 

"That's not selfish." he shook his head while trying to prove his point.

"It is," I let out a humorless laugh. "It is very selfish." I chuckled dryly.

"It's important to be a little selfish in relationships." he breathed.

"I'm sorry for snapping like that." he leaned his head on my shoulder as his eyes drooped closed. 

"It's okay," I whispered as Tony softly got into the car and began driving.

I love him.

But I can't tell him and that kills me.

.

.

.

.

.

1.1k let's goooooooo!!!!!!! Love ya'll