Chapter forty-seven

Chapter 47: (Olivia's POV)

Tony stepped out and went to grab our bags while I slowly woke up to Austin still asleep with his head on my shoulder. I rested my head on top of and took in a deep breath. I shifted a little only for his head to slowly fall and land up in my lap. 

I ran my hand through his hair slowly while whispering to wake him up as nicely as possible. "Austin, wake up," I whispered before planting a small kiss on his cheek. He stirred in my lap but still wasn't waking up. "Austin come on, wake up. We can sleep later but we're here. Let's go to Amber come on." I spoke a little louder and planted smooches on his cheek. 

His eyes slowly opened and he looked up at me with a smile. "Mm, hello." he rubbed his hands over his face before hugging my legs and closing his eyes again. 

"Nope! Come on we've got to go, we're here. You promised Amber, come on." I shook him a little. He sighed and took in a deep breath before getting up and stretching. He opened the door and hopped out before taking my hand and pulling me out too. 

He looked around, taking in his surroundings while I stretched and did the same. And boy was this a mansion. While I was stretching my shirt rode up a little which Austin grabbed from the hem and tugged down. 

"You can't show that off here. That's for me to see," he smirked while leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him shortly since we were interrupted soon enough by someone clearing their throat.

Austin slowly pulled away as a groan escaped his lips. He looked up while I turned around to come face to face with an older woman, wearing a white pencil skirt and blazer, while pearls hung around her neck with the perfect shade of red painting her lips as her grey hair with streaks of darker grey was cut down to her shoulder and sitting in perfect girls. 

She looked at me with confusion, amusement, and her eyes spoke her to be intrigued. "Grandma," Austin spoke stiffly. 

"Welcome home honey," she spoke while keeping her eyes trained on me as she made her way towards us. 

"This is not my home. And it's not Amber's either." Austin spat. 

"Honey, you're being ridiculous. I'm your grandma, my house is mine just as much as it's yours." she smiled sickly sweetly at me before turning to Austin with that too sweet of a smile. 

"It's not," Austin stated. 

"Well, let's put our issues aside and why don't you introduce me to this lovely girl," she suggested, diverting her attention to me once again. 

"This is Olivia, my girlfriend," he spoke dryly. Surprise graced her face before she extended her hand out for me to shake. 

"Hello!" she spoke a little too cheerfully. 

"We're just here to see Amber, will you please excuse us?" Austin grabbed my hand before I could shake her hand and pulled me into the house. "Scary, I know," he mumbled loud enough for me to hear before we stepped into the house.

I kept my giggles contained as we made our way around the mansion and into the foyer and living room. We were about to walk up the stairs when I saw Amber running out of a room and to the stairs, I grabbed Austin's arm, pulling him to a halt. 

"Austee!" she screamed at the top of her lungs as she flew down the stairs and jumped straight into Austin's arms. 

"I got you," he whispered while hugging her tightly. She wrapped her arms around his neck and looked at before giving me a little wave. I smiled widely at her before giving her a wave back. I then saw an older man entering the living room from another room by the stairs. 

"Hello Austin," he spoke, his voice deep and stern. Austin stood up, pulling himself out of Amber's grasp and holding her hand, placing her in between both of us while she grabbed my hand, making my heart swell. 

"Grandpa." he gave him a curt nod, greeting him the same way he greeted his grandma. Dryly. Not wanting to be there. 

"What are you doing here?" his grandpa spoke in the same way. "Who's this?" he looked at my before shifting his gaze back to Austin. 

His grandparents are opposites. She acts overly sweet and he acts- well, do I have to say? Well, I will anyway, he acts like he has a stick shoved up his ass. No offense.

"This is my girlfriend, Olivia," he spoke while taking a protective step in front of Amber and me.

"Nice to meet you," he spoke stiffly while giving me a side-eye.

"Wish she could say the same, but she can't." Austin snapped. "Where is my mother?" he questioned. 

"Left a couple of hours ago, hasn't been back yet." his grandfather hissed before walking back into the room he came out of. Austin sighed as his phone rang which he swiftly answered. 

"Hello?" he picked up the phone. "What do you mean we have to stay here?" he asked confused into the phone. "Until when?" he huffed. "Send me the details." he sighed before hanging up. He turned back to us before bending down to Amber's height. "We can't leave till tomorrow morning princess, sorry." he sighed in disappointment. 

"Why don't you take Liv upstairs and show her around a little while I talk to grandma?" he gave me a look which I took as my cue to tug on Amber's hand and lead her up the stairs. Once we got up to the room she screamed, 

"Liv!" before tackling me to the ground while we both laughed till we couldn't breathe. 

"Hello, pretty lady!" I exclaimed while sitting up straight on the floor itself while she clung onto me.

"How did you get here? I thought you and Austee were just kind of friends?" she questioned teasingly. 

"Yeah," I laughed awkwardly. "A little more than friends." I blushed crimson. 

"Are you his girlfriend?" she squealed while jumping up and down. I looked at her before mumbling, "Yeah." only for her to scream in excitement and tackle me to the floor once again. Once she calmed down, she pulled away and tried to prop herself up on the bed after I helped her out a little. 

"So, where's your mom?" I asked while I got up behind her and began brushing her hair to pigtails as per her request. 

"She left two days ago," she spoke nonchalantly while playing with a barbie doll. 

"Two days ago? Your grandpa said a few hours ago," I spoke in confusion. 

"Nope. Two days ago. She went with a man and she had two big bags with her. The ones with the wheels. The big ugly ones." she turned to me with her nose scrunched up in disgust. I smiled at her before questioning further, 

"Suitcases?" and she nodded. Why would Ms. King leave with a man and two suitcases that just doesn't make any-

"You stay here for a minute ok hun," I spoke before jumping off her bed and sprinting down the stairs, after what was happening here hit me. I was panting by the time I got back to where Austin was. 

"Austin-" I panted. "I need to talk to. Now!" I demanded and he quickly stood up and took me into an isolated corner. 

"What happened? What's wrong?" he asked, worry laced in his voice.

"I think your mom's gone," I spoke hesitantly.

"What do you mean?" he spoke in confusion.

"I think she gave up custody," I whispered.

.

.

.

.

.

This is so sad.