Chapter twenty-seven

Chapter 27: (Olivia's POV)

I wasn't pulling away and while on the inside I was freaking out, trying to figure out why, on the outside, I was kissing him back. My arms naturally unfolded and by the time they did, my brain clicked back into place and I placed my hands on his chest and softly pushed him off. 

"Why?" was all I managed to choke out. 

"I uh- I don't know." he stuttered as he took a bigger step back and scratched the back of his neck. He tends to do that a lot when he's nervous, just something I've noticed. 

Why have I noticed? 

I think I wasn't as mad as the night of the party because now I didn't hate him, I kind of liked him, but then again, just kind of. Not enough to want to be with him. "Sorry I wasn't thinking straight I just- my brain just-" he struggled to find the right words to say. 

"It's ok. It happens. Our brains malfunction. It's alright." I said, taking short, quick breaths as I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a packet of hot Cheetos. "Are you hungry?" I asked, getting myself together, acting like that kiss never happened, and I never liked it. 

Shit. I liked it. 

"Not really. I uh- I'm gonna go and bring some of Amber's stuff and mine for the night. I'll be back." he said before grabbing his backpack and walking out my door. I watched from the kitchen window as he walked up to his driveway and through the front door of his house. I ran up to my room, grabbed a pillow and screamed my lungs out into it.

That poor pillow.

"Oh my god, Olivia! What the absolute fuck is wrong with you?! Get it together!" I groaned into my pillow before walking to my bathroom and splashing water onto my face and throwing my jacket off my waist because it was suddenly making it hard to breathe. 

My room was suddenly stuffy so I blasted the A/C and fan on. I jogged down the stairs and chugged a glass of ice-cold water before letting out a sigh, my head and body cooling down a little. 

He rung the doorbell and I jumped a little before going and opening it. I held the door open while he walked in and set his stuff along with Amber's down by the door.

I want to kiss him again

Shut up, Olivia! What is wrong with you?! You can't kiss him. You don't like him enough, remember? I argued with the little voice in my head. 

What if I do? What? What if I do like him enough and I just don't know it? 

Well then don't act on something you don't know. 

Or find an answer. 

How the hell am I supposed to find an answer to this question? 

Kiss him. If I like him enough, I'll feel it. 

That fucking voice in my head, I swear. We were just standing there, awkwardly looking at each other, not knowing what the hell to do with ourselves. He took a small step closer and slowly, I did too. 

Should I kiss him? Should I not? 

Ugh! I can't figure this out.

I thought about it for a second and decided that I would go with whatever I wanted to do more desperately. Before he could take another step forward, I spoke up "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked while in my head, I sighed in disappointment. 

I was disappointed in myself for not kissing him but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't think it was right of me to do it either. He didn't mean to kiss me when he did, it was a mistake, he said so himself, kinda, and I didn't want to make the same mistake he did, so I just kept my feelings for him to myself and sucked it up. 

"Um, how about something else? All we do together is watch movies." he laughed awkwardly. 

"Sure. I probably have some games to play in the garage. Wanna help?" I asked before he nodded and followed me into the garage. I walked over to the closet where we keep things we haven't used in a while, ranging from games to devices and tools or supplies. 

"It's gonna take forever to find something to play. Does two truths and a lie sound good?" I asked, turning to face him as I looked at the dust which settles on certain shelves. "Because-" I started to talk but he pulled me out of the closet and into his chest as a box fell from the highest shelf.

"You're welcome." I looked up to see him smiling down at me.

"Th- thanks." I stuttered out while he tucked a strand of loose hair behind my ear. I wanted to kiss him. I lied. I wanted to kiss him more desperately than wanting to hold back. Maybe if I ask him before just pressing my lips to his, things could go by a lot smoother. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. 

"Austin?" I questioned while looking up into his eyes. He had a small smile dancing on his lips while he looked into my eyes. 

"Hmm?" he hummed in response. What if he says no? What if I ask for his permission to kiss him and he says no? I can't risk that humiliation. 

So I just stood on my toes and kissed him. Just like that. I pulled him in, without consent, and just pressed my lips to his. He instantly kissed back and that surprised me a little but I continued kissing him anyway. I was being selfish here, I admit. I was just kissing him to clear up my feelings but I couldn't bring myself to pull away.

I like Austin King. I really like him.

Once that thought was crystal clear in my head, I slowly pulled away.

"What the hell was that?" he questioned. I didn't look at him but I could hear the smile in his voice. I stepped back and looked down at the concrete floor. 

"A kiss." I said childishly. He laughed before speaking. 

"Well I know it was a kiss but- why?" he was still smiling, I could hear it in his fucking voice, I don't know how I just could. He sounded happy. For some reason, I wasn't. I was happy, I had clear feelings but I wasn't so happy with those feelings.

I'm going to get my heart broken. But I have to take the risk.

"Because I think I kinda, sorta, might like you?" I spoke, but it came out more like a question.

"Is that a question or the answer to mine?" he chuckled a little while I blushed as my cheeks heated up. 

"Both," I replied, slowly lifting my gaze to meet his. "I like you Austin." I let out a shaky breath. 

"Well good, because I like you too." he smirked down at me. Oh, how I want to slap that smirk right off his face.

"I have to go. It's time for me to pick Amber up." he softly whispered while my jaw rested on his hand which held my face. 

"Ok. See you later?" I questioned as he began walking out of the garage, using the back door. 

"You know you will." he winked before walking out of my house, on the way to his to get his car. I gently shut my door and leaned against it with a sigh.

"I am royally fucked." I laughed humorlessly to myself before going up to my room, grabbing a fresh set of clothes and going to take a shower. I decided to text Austin and let him know where the spare key is but then I realized I don't have his number. I guess I was gonna have to take a quick shower.

I hopped into the shower, decided not to wash my hair, rinsed my body, got dressed and then went to the kitchen counter where I sat and scrolled through social media for a little while.

The doorbell rang and I could hear Amber squealing on the other side of the door. I opened it and greeted her with a smile. "Liv!" she screamed and jumped into my arms.

"Hey." I laughed while hugging her back. "So we're all having a sleepover tonight huh?" I smiled.

.

.

.

.

.

The ship is sailing ya'll!!!!!