Chapter forty-eight

Chapter 48: (Olivia's POV)

"W-what are you talking about?" he spoke with anger and confusion. I took a deep breath trying to plan out what to say but decided to say fuck it, and let out the word vomit. 

"I was upstairs with Amber and she told me that your mom left two days ago, not a couple of hours. She left with a man and had two big suitcases with her. I know that she's supposed to be gone for a week in between Amber's stay here but- two huge suitcases?" I paused. "I just thought that-" I was speaking but his voice cut me off. 

"You just thought that she walked out on us? Left her daughter here and her son there? Without giving me any information. You just thought that my grandparents lied to my face shamelessly." he took angered steps towards me, making me back into a wall. 

"Austin I didn't mean that I was just saying that-" he interrupted me again.

"You were just saying that my mother didn't care about my sister and me enough, so she left!" he snapped and screamed making me jump. 

"I didn't mean-"

"No Liv! That's exactly what you meant!" he yelled while tears pooled up in my eyes. "You meant to say that my mother is no good of a mother! That she is selfish enough to leave us behind!" he shouted continuously. 

"I didn't," I mumbled quietly.

"Yeah, you fucking did! You did Liv! Admit it!" and then I snapped.

"No, I didn't! I fucking didn't!" I yelled back, my voice cracking at the end, as a tear escaped my eye. "I would never talk such shit about your mother! There is a little girl up there waiting for her mom to come back! Her mom left two days ago with two huge suitcases!" I sniffled. 

"Never did I say any of the things that you just said about your mom! I thought I was doing the right thing by informing you of what I knew!" I wiped my tears away with hurt and anger pulsating through me. 

"Everything that you just said about your mom, is what you think and feel," I stated. "Not me." I jabbed my finger into his chest before pushing him away and running out of the main entrance to the house. I needed air and from how big their fucking mansion is, the park outside didn't seem too bad. 

I ran till I reached the very gates of their mansion, and sat down on the concrete floor, leaning my back against the pillars with my head in knees. I sat there, crying for a while before I pulled out my phone and called the one person I could think of at that moment, my mom. 

"Hi honey, what's going on?" she asked, her voice cheery to the point where it hurt to hear. 

"I just felt like talking to you," I spoke, trying to sound as normal as possible. She's my mom, of course, she saw through it. 

"I can tell you've been crying. What's going on?" she questioned. 

"Nothing. I just miss you, mom. How's dad?" I questioned. I knew they weren't in the same country but she was supposed to be visiting him.

"I'll be seeing him tomorrow I'll let you know then." she paused. "Listen, love, I've got to go but you're sure you're ok right? If you need me, let me know and I'll be there," she said reassuringly. 

"I'm fine. I love you mom, bye." I said before hanging up after she said bye to me. I stood up and took in my surroundings to see the sun beginning to set. How long was I out here for? I threw my head forward and put my hair up in a high ponytail before running my hands over my face, tucking my phone into my back pocket, and heading back inside.