Chapter thirty

Chapter 30: (Olivia's POV)

"Why? Can't we just go to sleep? We've got to go to school tomorrow." I whined as I crossed my legs. 

"Olivia, live a little." he narrowed his eyes down at me before starting the game. "What superpower would you have for one day?" he questioned me. Is he serious?

"For god's sake, Austin. If we're gonna play can we play for real? Either way, I'd choose teleportation. It would make disappearing a lot easier." I answered with a sigh. "My turn. What was the last book you read?" I questioned. If we're starting that easy and boring then I might as well play along. 

"I haven't read a book that I wanted to read in years so probably like, the three little pigs?" he laughed before continuing. "What was your first impression of me?" he raised a brow at me. Do I want to answer that question? I guess I'll have to, I don't have a choice. 

"When I first saw you, it was when you came here to Jackson's party. You seemed like the popular guy in my grade that I never spoke to, you were pretty average, to be honest." I shrugged like it was no big deal. 

Lies. When I first saw him, I thought he was really hot. I wanted to talk to him and get to know him but then I saw his cocky and arrogant side and decided to keep my distance... Until he asked me out. 

"What's your idea of a perfect date?" I arched an eyebrow at him. 

"I know you lied on my last question but I'll let it slide. My idea of a perfect date is just to be sitting at home, probably eating McDonald's while watching a movie." he sighed. So he's a simple kinda guy.

"Why did you say no?" his question caught me off guard because for a split second, I didn't know what he was talking about, but in a snap, I knew. 

"Because I knew it was for a bet," I said casually. 

"You say like it didn't hurt to know. Maybe it didn't. But did it?" he asked with a little guilt in his voice. 

"I thought it was my turn to ask a question but I'll answer yours anyway. It hurt but I didn't let it get to me. If I let it get to me, then I wouldn't make it through school." I laughed as if I were not taking it seriously but I knew it was serious, at least to me.

Finding out that I was nothing but a bet, hurt but my skin was thick enough. "Why are you acting like it's real?" I asked with a sudden coldness in the air. You could feel the hatred radiating off of me and the guilt off of him. 

"I'm not acting." he shook his head slightly, looking me dead in the eyes. It was getting harder to breathe in this room for me. 

"Fine, you're not acting, but you're lying." I nodded knowingly. 

"Not completely," he spoke, trying to sound optimistic but there was no good side to this situation. 

"Just partly. But to me, that's not enough." I replied, saying the same words I said not too long ago when we had this same conversation. "Yet." I paused as he looked up to meet my eyes. 

A small smile found its way to his lips before I snapped out of my daze. I cleared my throat before speaking. "Um- it's pretty late. We should just go to sleep." he slightly nodded in response as I stood up to go and turn the lights off which he turned on not too long ago. I walked over to my door which was right beside the light switch and turned it off.

I turned back around to slowly make my way to my bed, slowly, so I don't face plant onto the floor when I felt Austin grab my wrists and place his lips on mine gently. I was taken by surprise but then again, I didn't pull away. 

This is starting to become a pattern and that's just not good. 

I pushed him off, ready to get mad at him but something in me didn't let me. "Goodnight," I spoke softly as I made my way to the bed and lied down. "Goodnight." I felt the bed dip beside me. 

The floor. He said the floor. But then again something in me stopped me from kicking him off the bed, literally kicking. "Thought you said you were going to sleep on the floor," I whispered as I turned to face him while the moonlight softly illuminated my room, shining through the window. 

"You haven't exactly pushed me off." he laughed softly as his hand brushed against mine. I tried my hardest to not jerk my hand away when he rested his beside mine. It was harder than it should have been.

"Why are you doing this? You're just making it harder for me to hate you." I mumbled under my breath, knowing he would hear but I just didn't care that much. 

"Why would I want you to hate me?" he mumbled while resting his head on his pillow in a more comfortable position for himself. 

"You're gonna be the end of me." I laughed to myself as I readjusted my pillow and rested my head on it, still facing him. 

"I really like you, Liv." he let out a sigh as he cupped my face and leaned in a little closer. 

"Just not completely." I pointed out, my voice getting quieter and softer. 

"Almost completely," he whispered, completely surprising me in the darkness. I stayed silent for a moment before answering. 

"Me too," I mumbled sleepily as I felt my eyes slowly closing. I felt him lightly kiss my forehead before resting his head back on the pillow, both of us falling into a deep slumber.

x-X-x The Next Morning

I woke up with the sun shining brightly in my eyes, fucking blinding the shit out of me. I slowly opened my eyes completely, rubbing the sleep out of them as I snuggled deeper into my pillow. I lied down flat on my stomach and rested my left cheek on the pillow, looking straight at Austin. I was a little confused for a second but then realized he was staying over and so was Amber. 

His eyes looked golden as the sun rays hit them but he seemed unfazed. He was looking at me with a smile on his face but as soon as my eyes opened, he sealed his shut, pretending to be asleep. 

"Austin," I whispered but he didn't respond, just stirred around. I pulled on his earlobe a little just for fun and to wake him up when he started laughing slightly. 

"Stop." he groaned as he stuffed his face into the pillow. 

"Wake up. We have to go to school and so does Amber." I shook his shoulder, realizing he was shirtless. I do not remember that happening last night. He chuckled before answering, 

"I already got Amber dressed and got her on the bus. As for us," he sighed. "It's eleven in the morning already." he lied on his stomach too, right cheek pressed to the pillow, looking straight at me. 

I jumped up in shock. "Why didn't you wake me up? How did my alarm not ring? Oh my god, we're gonna be dead when we get to school! Why didn't you-" I was rambling but he cut me off.

"You looked peaceful while sleeping, why would I disturb you? And your alarm did ring but I turned it off. It would have disturbed you. And since we've already missed quite a bit, we're not going today. Therefore, we won't be dead." he smiled at me while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as I had done.

I sighed as I collapsed back onto my pillow. "You're not a good influence on me," I whined as I grabbed a hair tie and put my hair up in a bun.

"Are you saying you'd rather be at school?" he raised his eyebrows at me.

"No. Definitely not." I laughed.

.

.

.

.

.

Almost completely you guys. Almost.