Chapter thirty-seven

Chapter 37: (Austin's POV)

She placed her hands on my chest, gently pushing me off. "What the hell are you doing?" she whispered faintly. 

"You sound disappointed," I mumbled softly. I wanted to distract myself at all costs. I did not want the image of my sister leaving, stuck in my head and I did not want to think of my mother, or how she took my sister from me or how much I hated her so I turned to Liv. She helped me get in carefully. 

I thought she could help take my mind off of it.

"Austin," she whispered. "I am not here to be your distraction. I'm here to help you through it." she paused. "I'm not gonna take your mind off of it. I'm gonna be here when it's there." she looked down at the ground, avoiding my gaze. 

"I don't want to think about it Liv." I took a deep inhale. "I want to get it out of my head. I keep seeing the picture in my head. It hurts." I whispered the last part so quietly that I barely heard myself. 

"Of course it hurts. But over time, you're gonna learn to deal with it, and she'll be back in no time." she fiddled with the strings of my hoodie. 

"Yeah but she might not stay and when she leaves after that, she'll be gone," I argued. 

"If she leaves after that." she corrected me. "Austin, don't let it take over. I'm here if you need anything," she spoke smoothly before tapping my chest once and then slipping out of my bathroom.

I waited till I couldn't hear her footsteps anymore before punching the wall, slamming my fist into it. I'm surprised I hadn't broken something in my hand yet. I heard her footsteps echoing on the stairs as she walked up and I leaned myself against the wall, hiding the little to no dent in the wall which I knew for a fact she would notice. 

She walked into the bathroom with a first aid kit in her hands along with some cotton pads. "Can I see your hand?" she looked down at the kit, busying herself with pulling things out, escaping eye contact. I hesitantly reached my hand out which she carefully held in hers. 

She looked at my knuckles for a few seconds before pouring some cleaning medicine onto a cotton pad. She opened her mouth to say something but I didn't let her. "It's gonna sting. I know." I spoke monotonously. She took a deep breath in before softly pressing the cotton to my knuckles. 

It stung, like a motherfucking bitch. I winced but didn't move a muscle. "Sorry if it stings too much." she spoke quietly, pulling the cotton away and gently dabbing it on the cuts, blowing on it to decrease the sting. 

Once she finished cleaning, she grabbed a bandage and delicately wrapped it up.

She threw the waste away and closed up the kit, turning to head out the door but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her flush against my body, making her gasp and stumble a little, something she does a lot. "Thank you." I whispered weakly. She nodded and tried to pull away but I didn't allow her to. 

"Anytime." she spoke in a shaky breath before pulling her arm out of my grasp and walking out, before I could say anything. I let out a sigh while running my hands over my face before leaning my forehead against the wall. I tapped my fingers on the wall twice before pulling myself off the wall and getting myself to the bed. 

I sat against the headboard, leaning my head against it while I looked up at the ceiling and blinked any stinging and tears away. After around five minutes she came back up to my room with two sandwiches on a plate. 

"Dinner for you. I tried to look for something else to cook but I couldn't exactly find food." she shifted her weight from foot to foot awkwardly. 

"I'm not exactly hungry." I spoke quietly as she walked over to my side of the bed and sat on the edge. 

"I didn't exactly ask." she huffed while placing a sandwich in my hand.

"Just eat Austin. Please." she let out a sigh before placing the plate on my nightstand and running her hand through her hair, she was tired and drained and depleted and she desperately wanted to get rest and catch a break but I was only making this harder for her. 

I should listen to her right now because she's helping me and so I should probably just help her out in every way possible. I put my hands up in surrender before beginning to eat. I grabbed the second sandwich while still eating and handing it to her. She looked at it before shifting her gaze to me. 

She smiled softly before taking it and beginning to eat. It was grilled cheese and it was one of the best I've ever had. We finished eating and just sat in silence for a short minute.

"I'm gonna head home, ok." she breathed while getting up, however, before she took a step forward, I was able to get a grip on her hand. 

"Please stay?" I sat up straighter in my seat. "Please." my grip on her hand tightened unintentionally. She stood silent for a moment, staring straight out of my window. "Will you stay?" I questioned pleadingly, wanting an answer from her.

"As long as you want me to." she let out a sigh while plopping back down on the bed, sitting beside my legs. She gave me a small smile while I just looked at her a little in shock and surprise and a little in adoration and admiration. "What?" she chuckled softly while tilting her head to the side in confusion. I shook my head slightly while hiding a smile. 

"Nothing." I chuckled a little. She blushed before getting up and walking over to the other side of the bed and lying down beside me. 

"Are you sad?" she lied down on her side while I did the same so we faced each other. She was whispered almost as if talking loudly would damage me or break me. She was caring for me a lot and I loved that she was. 

"Undoubtedly." I whispered while looking into her eyes before sighing and lying down on my back, staring straight up at the ceiling with my arms under my head. It was then when I felt her hugging me, clinging onto me like a freaking koala. 

"What are you doing?" I asked looked down at her while she rested her head on my chest. 

"I'm hugging you till you forget your sadness." she looked up at me and smile. "Temporarily at least." she added with a doubt and confusion faintly present on her face, making me stifle a laugh.

Have you ever had someone so pure in your life that just being around them automatically makes you feel a million times better? It's like all the stress and problems bothering you fade away for a bit and everything is temporarily good.

She's that someone.

And if I know myself, which I'm sure I do, then I know that I'm gonna fall in love with her. It's inevitable. And it's gonna fuck me up. And it's gonna fuck her up. It's just gonna fuck everything up. But I'm still gonna let it happen because I'm selfish that way. And because I know that if I don't, then I'll regret it big time.

Every time I see her, her beauty shocks me. She makes me feel things I didn't know I was capable of feeling because no one has ever made me feel this way before.

This bet is gonna ruin things. It's gonna ruin us.

And it's only gonna be up to us to find our way back.

.

.

.

.

.

Life really sucks. Just straight up, it's fucked.