Chapter thirty-six

Chapter 36: (Olivia's POV)

I woke up at the sound of grumbling clouds while the rain pattered and the wind blew. I opened my eyes and saw Austin gone. He wasn't there and neither was his hoodie which was lying on the floor earlier. 

I shot out of bed and ran downstairs to see his bag gone too. I ran to my kitchen window to see if I could see his car was still in his driveway but I was greeted with a note on the counter which read 'Went home to see Amber. Didn't want to disturb you so I left. Call you later.' I let out a sigh of relief and leaned against the counter. 

He should have just woken me up and told me. And if I asked him why he didn't drop me a text, he'd say my phone would've rung and disturbed me. I opened my kitchen window to let some of the cold breezes come in instead of turning the air conditioning on and made myself a cup of tea to drink while I sat on the couch and decided to watch some pretty little liars. I had watched this show so many times and just never got sick of it, it's sad they're taking it off of Netflix soon.

x-X-x forty-five minutes later

I was reaching the end of the episode when I heard a door slam open while the wind heightened the volume, making me jump. I ignored it and thought it was just someone's door or window flying open and closed due to the rain and storm and went back to watching. 

"Mom please!" I heard a voice I knew way too well by now scream.

"Go back inside!" a woman's voice yelled back. I rapidly jumped up, putting the cup I was holding on the table before turning the tv off. 

"You can't do this!" the same voice that I knew yelled.

"Yes, I can! She agreed!" the woman shouted.

"You lied to her!" when I heard that voice yell those words, I ran to my kitchen, standing at the window trying my hardest to get a glimpse of what was going on but the trees swaying heavily left to right blocked my view. 

I ran up to my front door and swung it open, stepping out onto my porch in my flip flops, sweatpants, and camisole while the wind made goosebumps rise promptly on my skin. I wrapped my arms around myself while rubbing my arms back and forth, trying to make myself feel warmer. 

"Mom!" I heard him call out as I heard the engine of a car starting. I took a deep breath before running off of my porch and to the porch of my neighbor's house. The house which has been on sale for months now.

"Mom!" I heard a final shout before I heard a car speeding off while watching the headlights dim away. I ran out onto the pavement and stared straight ahead and what I saw, made me want to cry. 

"Austin!" I yelled from my spot. He didn't move. He didn't flinch. He didn't turn to look at me. I wasn't even sure whether he heard me. "Austin!" I shouted at the top of my lungs but I still got no response. I let out a sigh while freezing to death before running over to where he stood, with his hood pulled over his head, drenched from head to toe. I grabbed his forearm and turned him to face me aggressively. 

"What the fuck happened?" nothing. "Austin!" I shook him while screaming. I heard him very faintly mumble something under his breath and the rain pouring down on us with the wind howling made it impossible for me to hear him properly so I asked again. 

"What? What happened?" I looked straight at him while he stood there, expressionless, staring at the direction the car had sped off in. His nose was red, all of his clothes and body was drenched and his eyes were cold. 

His golden eyes which always seemed happy and flirty were a dull, plain and cold brown, so dark, almost black.

"She took her. She's gone," he spoke just above a whisper but loud enough for me to hear. "She took her Liv!" he shouted out of nowhere, making me jump. "You promised! You lied to me!" he screamed at the top of his lungs while taking daring steps towards me as I took nervous steps back until I reached his porch. "You said I wouldn't lose her!" he screamed as I walked backward. 

"You liar," he said lowly as my back hit his front door. "You fucking liar!" he slammed his fist into the wall right beside my head. Making me flinch and instantly tear up. He continued to punch the wall repeatedly while screaming his lungs out while I just stood there watching. 

I watched as his knuckles began bleeding faintly and that's when I decided to step in. "Austin!" I screamed, grabbing his arm with all my strength and force, weighing it down until he could lift it to punch the wall anymore. He took a while before giving up and letting his arm drop to his side. 

"She took her, Liv." he sobbed. I could hear his crying and sobbing. He sniffed, "I lost her." he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly while crying.

I felt tears slip out of my eyes which I quickly wiped away. I had to be strong because I had to make him strong. We can't be weak. I can't let him be weak. I walked into his house with him, taking him straight up to his room while he cried uncontrollably. 

I set him down at the edge of his bed and walked to his closet, handing him a hoodie and pair of sweatpants to change into. I grabbed one of his hoodies and sweatpants for myself to change into which I took with me in the bathroom. Before I changed, I cried. For a long time, I stood there and cried. 

I threw his clothes on and grabbed a towel that hung in his shower before heading back out to see that he hadn't changed. He had stopped crying and was staring at the wall in front of him, emotionlessly. 

"Can you please get changed?" I asked softly, turning my back to him so he could change. I heard shuffling and turned back around when it was dead silent when I heard nothing but the rain. I saw him sitting in his spot with his sweatpants that I handed him on but still in his wet hoodie. 

I looked around the room to see the fresh hoodie being thrown onto the floor. I walked over to it and picked it up, placing it beside where he sat. I went and stood in front of him, while he stared straight ahead. My torso blocked his view of the wall but he emotionlessly stared at it anyway. 

He still has his hoodie on which clung to his skin due to being wet. I pulled the hood off his head before peeling the hoodie off his body and pulling it over his head, tossing it on the floor. His arms dropped dead to his sides as soon as I let them go. 

I grabbed the towel and dried his neck, chest, shoulders, and back before placing the towel on his head and ruffling it, drying his hair.

Once that was done, I kneeled in front of him and grabbed his face, forcing him to look at me. "I'm sorry," I whispered before grabbing his wet hoodie and towel to go and throw in the laundry bag which I saw in the bathroom. 

I tossed them in and turned around to see him standing right behind me, making me take a step back, crashing my back against the wall.

"Austin?" I whispered while he just stared at me deadly.

He took a step forward, pinning me to the wall before crashing his lips against mine.

.

.

.

.

.

This chapter was supposed to be in Austin's POV but I wrote it in Liv's because I just found writing it in Liv's turn out better.