Chapter fifty-three

Chapter 53: (Austin's POV)

We had just landed back in town, later than expected due to a delayed flight and were waiting for her brother to come to pick us up. Jackson Jones. The one and only. One of the worst people I've ever met. 

The devil with an angel as his sister. I don't know how he treats her and how nice of a brother he is but when I did hang out with him, he ruined me. I was so much younger then and he was the worst influence on me. 

Showed me things no teenager should have to see. Got drunk as fuck in front of me. Broke things around me. He was involved with the wrong crowd and I would've been too if I didn't distance myself from him. He was never a good friend to me and I don't know why I took so long to understand that. 

And when I did, it was too late. I already agreed to his stupid games. I got lucky he was sent off to college by his parents but he's back now and I don't know what to do. 

"Livia!" I heard someone yell. A guy. I looked around to see Jackson stepping out of a car and walking over to us. He had his arms out and trapped her in a hug. She stiffly hugged him back but hugged him regardless. 

She seemed mad at him but in the end, he is her brother, I guess she thinks she's obliged to. "Hey," she mumbled quietly before pulling away from him and taking a step back, standing beside me.

"King." he tilted his head up and gave me a nod while eyeing me head to toe. "You got her?" he raised an eyebrow at me tauntingly while Liv went placed her bag in the car. 

"Don't. I love her." I spoke sternly. 

"Do you now?" he smirked. "I know you're lying to her." he glared at me. Of course, he knows about the bet. How wouldn't he? 

"I'm not lying to her. She knows about it." I huffed before grabbing my bag and placing it in the trunk before holding the door open for Liv to sit in the car. 

"No shotgun this time?" Jackson questioned her as I sat beside her in the back and shut the door. 

"Just drive," she told him bitterly. I know I'm missing something here, I just can't put my finger on it. The car ride was silent the whole way there. Liv rested her head on my shoulder and rested her eyes for a moment since she had barely slept while worrying about me. 

I feel guilty for causing her such worry but it warms my heart to know that she loves and cares for me so much. Once we reached, I slowly shifted and walked over to Liv's side before picking her up in my arms and taking her in. 

I placed her on the couch for now and went back out to get her stuff and bring it in. "You know I'll break you if you hurt her, right?" he warned me while turning the car off and stepping out. 

"You out of all people cannot say that." I scoffed while pulling her bag out.

"She fell for you didn't she?" he spoke, making me stop in my tracks and turn to face him. 

"Jackson, we love each other. Don't do anything that'll hurt her." I explained warningly.

"What if it hurts you?" he spoke, amused by the situation. He's a disgusting person that I regret having any connection with. I hate him more than anyone in the world, now especially. 

"It'll hurt her just as much. Don't be dumb." I turned back around and walked into their house. I set her stuff down at the entrance and looked to see slowly waking up. 

"What are you doing?" she asked sleepily. 

"I'm gonna go home. Will you be okay?" I sat down next to her while she rested her head in my lap and placed my hand on her head, having me run my fingers through it. 

"Stay," she whispered while closing her eyes in my lap. "Please." she slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me. 

"He won't let me," I whispered while she sat up and straddled me, resting her cheek on my shoulder while wrapping her arms around my neck. 

"I don't care. Just stay," she whispered against my skin, giving me chills. "Please? For me?" she nuzzled her head in the crook of my neck.

"Okay." I slowly nodded before picking her up as is and going up the stairs while she clung onto me. I laid her down on the bed before getting in bed beside her. 

She climbed on top of me and lied on top of me, resting her head on my chest. After two minutes, her door slowly opened and Jackson stepped in. 

He looked at us before shaking his head and scoffing before closing the door and leaving. I rested my arms around her waist and let myself fall asleep, worried for tomorrow.

x-X-x The Next Day

I woke up at the sound of arguing coming from downstairs. I looked around the room to see Liv nowhere, suggesting they were arguing downstairs. I went into her bathroom and used the spare toothbrush she had kept for me before getting dressed properly and going downstairs to find them in a full-blown, heated argument. 

Judging from Liv's body language and expression she was about to slap him right across the face. I rushed over to her and grabbed her hand, pulling her back as she reached out to slap him. 

"Liv! Calm down!" I yelled while holding her close to me, trying to calm her down and keep her away from him. 

"Oh look! Your little boyfriend's here now! Why don't you tell him what we've been yelling at each other about?" he yelled at her daringly. 

"Shut the fuck up Jackson!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"What's going on?" I questioned her, trying to remain calm and not make the situation worse than it already was. 

"Tell him, Olivia!" Jackson shouted.

"Jackson! Shut up!" I yelled at him at the same time as Liv. "Liv, calm down please," I told her softly and pleadingly. 

"You're just too scared because you know what I said is true!" Jackson screamed again. It's taking everything in me not to punch him in the face right now.

"Jackson I swear to god if you don't shut your mouth right now I will fucking punch you!" she shouted. "You don't know anything! You haven't been here for months! Do you hear me?" she yelled. "You weren't there! I don't know where you were! You haven't been at Yale, mom and dad got the letter! You haven't answered any of my calls! Haven't replied to my texts! Your girlfriend calls every fucking second and goes down my throat questioning where you are!" she spilled everything. 

"You haven't been here! So don't come unannounced and act like you know what's going on! You don't know anything!" her grip on my shirt tightened as she clung onto me.

"And if you're only here to make things worse for me, then get the fuck out!" she finished while breathing heavily.

"Tell her King! Tell her the truth!" he shouted at me.

"She knows about the bet! She fucking knows! I love her regardless of that stupid bet!" I snapped.

"How would you know about the bet?" she questioned him. 

Oh no.

"I know because I made the fucking bet!" he admitted.

.

.

.

.

.

Cliffhanger, I'm sorry but no not really :)