Chapter fifty-two

Chapter 52: (Olivia's POV)

"I've come to say goodbye," she spoke humbly.

"So that's it? You're just-just gonna walk out like that?" he question, choking on his words.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled.

"No you're not," he stated before letting my hand go and sprinting up the stairs, slamming his door shut. 

"How can you do that?" I whispered to myself but I knew she heard me.

"This is a family matter, please do not interfere," she told me sternly. I shook my head and scoffed while trying to blink back my tears. Ms. King had come here with her fiance to break the news to her family that she is moving out of the country and is leaving Austin and his grandparents with the decision of who gets Amber's custody. 

We had kept Amber outside, she couldn't have handled it. She's walking out on her entire family because she found in what her opinion was a better one. "You're doing the wrong thing." Mrs. King told her sternly.

"Mom, please." she shushed her. This is pathetic. Her excuses keep getting worse and she has not once put in the effort to make up for the lost time. A tear slipped my eyes before I turned around and sprinted up the stairs. I ran to the room Austin went into and knocked on the door. 

No answer. "Austin please open the door." I sniffed. I stood there, leaning my head against the door for a moment while letting out a sigh and letting the tears fall. I saw the tears that fell down his face as he turned his back to us and ran up and it broke my heart.

The door opened after a moment with a tear-stained face Austin. "Is she gone?" he spoke with a strained voice. 

"I don't know. I came up here." I tried to swallow past the lump in my throat.

"How can she just leave us like that Liv?" he sniffed while I blinked slowly, letting the tears fall once again. 

"I-I don't know." I choked.

"What am I gonna do?" he looked at me emotionlessly.

"You're gonna stay strong for Amber." I wiped my tears away and sniffed.

"Will you be there with me?"

"Of course I will. As long as you want me to." I wrapped my arms around him and he unhesitantly did the same.

x-X-x At Night

I had lied with Austin in bed the whole day, he had cried for hours and I did too at the sight of him hurting more than anything. He was currently sleeping and it was around eight-thirty. I ran my hand through his hair, been there the whole time and done as much as I could to comfort him, it's the least I could do. 

We were just lying there, in the dark, him asleep and me awake. The door softly opened and Isabelle peeped in. "Dinner?" she whispered. I looked down at him, sleeping peacefully before softly shaking my head. She simply nodded and left the room. 

I was staring off into space when my phone vibrated on the bedside. I quickly answered it before it disturbed him and spoke into the phone quietly, "Hello?" and the voice that spoke, stunned me. 

"Livia where are you? I'm home."

"Jackson?" I questioned surprised.

"Come home right now!" he demanded.

"I can't I'm in- I'm in New York," I told him nervously.

"With who? Why?" he interrogated.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you another time." I sighed tiredly.

"I want you back here by tomorrow night," he ordered.

"No!" I argued. "I'm here with people that need me right now." I tried explaining.

"Who?" he questioned again.

"With a person that I love very much. Jackson, I can't-" he cut me off.

"Bring him with you. I'm home and I want you here. Please?" his voice softened.

"I'll see." I huffed before hanging up, switching my phone off and placing it face down on the nightstand. 

"Who was it?" Austin mumbled, his lips grazing against my stomach where he rested his head. 

"Nobody," I whispered while he shifted up higher, resting his head on the pillow next to mine. 

"I love you Liv." he mumbled sleepily.

"I love you," I whispered, my eyes closing along with his, both of us falling into a deep slumber.

x-X-x The Next Day

I woke up before Austin and slowly began packing my things. I didn't want to leave, I was having fun here and I wanted to be there for Austin and Amber. But something was wrong, I knew it. Jackson's voice said it all. 

I am so mad at my brother right now, I cannot begin to tell you. Austin slowly stirred before waking up and sitting up. "What are you doing?" his voice was hoarse as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and ran his hand through his hair, messing it up even more than it already was. 

"Austin I have to go." I sighed while sitting at the foot of the bed, looking at him. 

"What do you mean? Where?" he sat, wide awake now.

"Home. I got a call. I have to go back." I explained tiredly, making sure he knew how much I didn't want this. 

"Who called you? Why?" he questioned in utter confusion, his jaw hardening and ticking. 

"Jackson did." I looked up at him to see his reaction and found him looking at me with shock. "He's back." I huffed. "I-I don't know how or why but he's at home and he's calling me back." I sighed while running my hands over my face.

"You're leaving me here?" he raised his eyebrows slightly.

"I have to, Austin." his expression softened as my voice weakened. "I don't want you to leave Amber here but I can't stay. I can call every day, I promise." I offered before shutting up when he opened his mouth to talk. 

"I'm coming with you." he shot out of bed and began stuffing his things into his suitcase. 

"Wait what? No, you're not. You can't." I stood up and followed him to the other side of the bed that he had rolled over to and off of. 

"Yes I can, and I will," he spoke in a final tone. 

"Austin, amber's gonna be here and-" I was explaining but he cut me off.

"And I'll make sure they take care of her. I can't let you go. Liv, please. I need you right now." he huffed tiredly before plopping down on the bed. 

"And I'm here," I spoke while sitting next to him and taking his hand in mine. "Are you sure?" I whispered and asked after a moment.

"Yeah, I'm sure," he replied after a silent moment.

"Flight's at three," I told him while glancing at the clock to see it was noon before getting up, and packing his stuff while he went to brush his teeth and shower. Jackson, you owe me.

.

.

.

.

.

Jackson's her brother, anyone who forgot and he's gona fuck shit up, just sayin