Chapter fifty-five

Chapter 55: (Olivia's POV)

"Take care, Livia." Jackson packed his things up and headed to his car. I gave him a side hug hesitantly before watching as he drove away. He decided on staying at a hotel until he found tickets to head back. 

I'm disappointed that he came to see me after so long as we left on such a bad note but what else can I do? I went up to my room and collapsed on the floor against my door after shutting it. This hurts. A lot more than I expected it to.

Oh my god, what was I thinking breaking up with him?

He hurt me. I couldn't have stayed with him if he was just with me for his vendetta and revenge.

We love each other though! He might have just blurted it out?

He said it either way. And it's the truth whether we like it or not. My conscious seriously shouldn't have this much power over me. 

I slowly made my way to my bed and snuggled up in my blanket, letting my eyes droop closed, falling into a deep slumber.

x-X-x The Next Morning

"Hello?" I answered the phone groggily, finding it after short moments of frustration from the disturbance it caused to my sleep. 

"Olivia Jones! Where the hell have you been?" an angry Emily spoke from over the phone. I didn't have time for this. I pulled my phone away from my ear and blindly checked the time on it. It was noon. It was noon, and I was still in bed. What the hell was going on? 

"Em, I really can't do this right now, is there anything you want?" I spoke tiredly into the phone. She cleared her voice before beginning to talk, 

"It's Kyle's older brother's birthday tonight. He's invited us and pretty much the whole grade. I want you to be there." she spoke demandingly from over the phone. 

"Em, I really can't do this. Not tonight, please just try and understand. I'm sorry but I can't be there." I sighed while turning over and lying on my stomach, stuffing my face into my pillow. 

"I'm not taking no for an answer. Come on, Liv. You can bring Austin and we can double date and I-" she began ranting with excitement but I was quick to cut her off. 

"Nothing is going on between me and Austin. Whatever was happening is over." I spoke, hiding the hurt, regret, and guilt in my voice.

"Oh. Um- it's okay we can talk about it some other time. But you have to be there now. It'll take your mind off things. Please, Liv? Pretty please?" I could see her pouting and pleading in my head. The things she drags me to do.

"Fine." I sighed while resting my cheek on my pillow.

"Yes!" she squealed in excitement. "I'll pick you up at night!" she spoke ecstatically before hanging up. Since I had absolutely nothing better to do today until the party, I decided on going back to sleep. 

I was tired and my eyes were burning, from all the crying. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and started sobbing once I processed that Austin and I were over. We were done. And it hurt not having him here next to me. 

I remember crying for an hour or two before I fell asleep without realizing. With those thoughts running through my head, I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

x-X-X Six pm

I woke up at my six pm alarm which I had set earlier and dragged myself out of bed. I hadn't eaten anything but surprisingly, I wasn't hungry whatsoever and all I wanted to do was stay in bed and read for a while. 

Unfortunately, I had already promised my best friend and guaranteed my presence there. So I got my ass out of bed, and freshened up, washing my hair in the shower and letting it loose in its natural state. 

Once I did that, I began doing my little to no makeup and then I walked into my closet, with no plan in mind. I looked around for a little bit and managed to not make a mess like usual and grabbed a full-sleeved black dress, which reached mid-thigh and decided to stick with good old converse. 

What? Comfort comes first. I turned all my lights off after spraying on some perfume and heading out with my keys, waiting for Em, outside on my porch. She pulled up in no time and we left for the party.

"You look good, I'm glad," she spoke as she backed out of my driveway. I thanked her before zoning out like I had been a lot today in the process of getting ready. 

"Wanna talk about it?" she questioned, snapping me out of my daze.

"Talk about what?" my confused and dumbass questioned.

"About what the hell happened." she gave me a pointed look before turning her eyes back onto the road.there was too much to tell. I couldn't do it right now, I just couldn't. 

"Maybe another time," I told her quietly. She agreed and I was thankful for that. The rest of the drive went by in silence before we pulled up at Kyle's house, giving me deja vu of that night. 

The night that he kissed me. We stepped out of her car and walked in together. We were near each other for probably five minutes max, before I lost her in the crowd. I grabbed myself a Capri Sun from their fridge because that was the only non-alcoholic drink I could find, and plopped down on their couch, sitting there, people watching. 

"Hey," someone spoke while sitting down next to me, I looked to my left to see Jason taking a seat next to me. 

Not again. 

"Hey, Jason, what's up?" I asked, trying my hardest to be nice and not to let the bitterness and my inner bitch shine through. 

"I'm good uh- Capri Sun?" he questioned, his eyebrows knitting together. "Drink?" he offered me a red plastic cup. 

"Uh no thanks, I think I'll pass. I don't drink." I informed him. He nodded in response before setting his cup on the table in front of us. We sat in an awkward silence shortly before he spoke up, 

"Wanna dance?" he offered. 

Say no. Say no. Say no.

"Yeah sure." I plastered a smile on my face, ignoring the voice in my head, setting my drink aside and letting him lead me to the so-called dance floor.

It had been ten minutes or so and everything seemed to be going ok. I hadn't run into Austin or any of his friends yet and Em was nowhere to be seen, so I'm assuming she was with Kyle, they seemed to have patched things up from the kiss I saw them exchange. 

Everything was going just fine until Jason started to get a little handsy. And by a little, I mean a lot. For the billionth time, I threw his hands off of me while trying to leave. 

"Could you please let me go?" I pleaded while trying to get my wrist out of his grip. 

"Why? Aren't you having fun?" he reeked of alcohol. I didn't realize how much he had to drink. 

"Jason please let me go I-" I began to complain but he pressed his lips to mine, aggressively pulling me close to his body. I struggled to push him off until someone jerked him off.

"You son of a bitch!" I heard someone yell before I opened my eyes and saw Austin throwing punches violently at Jason, tackling him to the ground.

.

.

.

.

.

Liv's dress up above, minues the thigh-high boots.