Chapter fifteen

Chapter 15: (Olivia's POV)

"Oh my gosh, she is just like you. I'm making you pancakes. That's it." I threw my arms up in the air out of frustration and walked back into the kitchen with Austin trailing behind me. Amber was eating and I was getting hungry and so was Austin so I asked him what he wanted and just like Amber, he didn't like anything.

But I was in the mood for pancakes so pancakes it is. He paused before shrugging and saying, "Pancakes actually sound pretty good." he said. I threw my hair back in a ponytail and grabbed the ingredients before starting to make the pancakes.

I had pancake mix all over my hands with a loose strand of hair, hanging over my eyes, annoying the hell out of me. I tried to blow it away a couple times but it just swung right back. I let out a sigh before trying to use the back of my hand and brush it away.

"You should've just asked." Austin laugh from next to me and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Hold still." he said before he grabbed a tissue and wiped it across my cheek. I'm assuming I got pancake mix on my face.

That's not embarrassing at all. After twenty minutes of me making pancakes while Austin stood next to me and watched me because that's not creepy at all, I put three pancakes on a plate for him and one for myself because that's all I can eat. I'm a little human ok?

I turned around with the plates in my hands, to see him standing right behind me. I stumbled back and jumped out of shock while one plate slipped out of my hand. "Whoa!" he acted quickly and caught the plate before it crumbled to little pieces along with his pancakes.

"Standing too close am I?" he smirked while taking my plate from my hands and placing in on the counter with his.

"A little." I muttered to myself and prayed that he didn't hear but his smirk widened and that just told me that he clearly did.

"I take it I'm making progress." he teased. As much as I hate to admit it, it was true. He was making progress. He was starting to have an effect on me, not all the time but sometimes and that is bad. Bad. Bad. Bad. And it needs to stop happening.

"Do you know when you're gonna be leaving?" I asked as I sat down on a bar stool and began eating while he sat across me and did the same.

"Well, once I eat I'll take Amber home since she has plans to go to a friend's house and then maybe I'll drop by again." he raised an eyebrow at me while smirking. "Chase is getting back today." Austin informed me. I was surprised.

"He is? I thought the soccer camp was for two months." I asked confused. Chase is one of Austin's friends, just like Kyle. I know him through Em of course and he's the funny and nice one in the group. Let's bring in the stereotyped categories shall we.

Austin is the bad boy and player who breaks rules and hearts, he has an ice cold heart which somehow melts around me. Kyle is the smart one, he's into tech a lot and he's the one with a stable or well currently not so stable relationship.

Then there's Chase. He's the class clown along with the nicest and most approachable vibe out of the three. I like him the most because one, he's excellent at disrupting class so we don't have to study and two, because he's genuinely really nice to me.

Kyle kind of doesn't like me because Em hangs out with me more than him and I don't really like Austin because of the reasons I've already explained before he's still not that bad but the fact that I'm a bet to him just makes it worse.

"Hello? Where'd you go?" Austin snapped me out of my thoughts by snapping his fingers in front of my eyes. "You zone out a lot." he pointed out. Well no shit. I was halfway done eating when my doorbell rang.

I went to answer it and was engulfed in a big bear hug. "I can't breathe." I mumbled, making the person let go with a laugh.

"Hey Livia." Chase smiled down at me. Chase? What is he doing here? I thought he was coming in the evening.

"Chase? What are you doing here?" I asked in complete and utter confusion.

"What do you mean? I'm here to see my bestest friend and I- shit. Um- Austin what are you doing here?" he asked as he helped himself into my house and walked into the kitchen while I cluelessly followed him.

Chase and I were close but I didn't think I was the first person he'd come to see.

"Hey Chase. What are you doing here?" Austin asked while narrowing his eyes down at Chase then turning to me.

"Don't look at me. I didn't know he'd come here first." I put my hands up in surrender and defence.

"Well Livia, you are my best friend. Let the guys go to hell. They didn't call and check up on me once, you on the other hand did. A lot." he laughed before picking me up by the waist and twirling me around in circles. I couldn't help but laugh at his childish behaviour and when he put me down, we were greeted by Austin haunted look.

"Do I even get a hello?" he asked, smiling at Chase.

"Of course you do, you're my second best friend." Chase teased before going and doing that bro hug/handshake thing with Austin. While Chase's back faced me, I saw Austin glare at me. What did I do? I don't remember poking the bear.

"Austee when can we- Chase!" Amber yelled while running into the foyer and jumping up in Chase's arms. "Hey there." he smiled while he picked her up and spun her around. I take it that when Austin said she doesn't get along with his friends, he meant Kyle.

"How've you been?" Chase asked her. She giggled while he placed her down before saying,

"Good." she nodded. Chase sat down on my couch with Amber for a little bit while Austin and I finished eating.

"I didn't know you two were so close." Austin mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

"I didn't either." I scoffed while putting the dishes in the sink and washing them one by one.

"I should head out now. Is it ok if I drop by later? I had fun." he said softly. I just nodded while drying my hands. "Amber let's go. Caroline's house is far from here." he said as he walked over and reached his hand out for her to take, which she did.

I watched as Chase didn't move. Was he not leaving? "Wanna watch a movie?" Chase asked while patting the spot next to him on the couch. I looked at Austin to see his jaw clenched. Not gonna lie, it was a little amusing.

"Sure. Just let me see them out." I held back a smirk and walked Austin and Amber out.

"I'll be back as soon as possible ok?" he said as he picked Amber up in his arms.

"Why as soon as possible?" I arched an eyebrow at him while leaning in challengingly.

"Because why not?" he too raised an eyebrow at leaned in a lot closer teasingly.

"Are you guys gonna kiss?" Amber asked while placing her hands over her eyes, making me snap out of it and take a step back.

"No princess, we're not." I said before Austin could say anything and put me on the spot because that seemed like something Austin would do.

"See ya." he smirked as he walked backwards, while Amber and him waved at me.

"See ya." I replied before shaking my head and laughing and then walking into my house to see Chase sitting there with popcorn in his hands.

"Found the popcorn." he wiggled his eyebrows at me teasingly.

"What are we watching?" I let out a sigh and plopped down next to him on the couch.

"Conjuring." he shrugged.

I love horror movies but there's one problem, they scare me shitless.

.

.

.

.

.

I'm obsessed with the song I put above, yes I put it up a few chapter ago and this is just a slowed version of it but let's not bring that up. ;)