Chapter ten

Chapter 10: (Olivia's POV)

"You should pull away. I know I'm not letting you, but still." he mumbled into my shoulder. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "If you don't, I might kiss you." he said in just above a whisper, instantly making me stiffen. 

I slowly pulled myself out of his grasp and looked at him, pushing all the hatred I had away. "I know the feeling. My parents haven't been home for eight months." I told him quietly and looked into his eyes to see them widen in shock and realization. He was speechless for a little bit. "They were only supposed to be gone for two." I added while looking down at the marbled floor. 

"We should check on Amber." I said before walking up the stairs while he followed. I walked up and softly knocked on the door. I opened it knowing that she wasn't gonna be in the mood of speaking. "She never stays! She always leaves!" she screamed out and she ran over to me and hugged my legs tightly. I instantly got down on my knees and picked her up. 

"She'll be back soon, princess. It's ok." I whispered to her while I lay her down. She eventually stopped crying and dozed off and it killed me to know that a little girl cried herself to sleep in my arms. Austin was sitting on the floor against the door and once she fell asleep, we both headed downstairs, it was around eight pm right now and it was getting late.

"It's getting kinda late. I should go." I said quietly. I took a step forward but his grip on my wrist pulled me back. 

"Please stay. I won't be able to handle her myself in the morning." he spoke very softly, he sounded fragile, almost broken.

"Ok." I agreed without a second thought, they both needed or at least wanted me there, so I'd be there. 

"We have a guest room upstairs. It's by my room. I can get you fresh clothes if you want I-" he started rambling but I cut him off. "Austin, you don't have to do that. I'll be fine." I told him reassuringly before following him upstairs and then entering the guest room while he entered his. I crashed on the bed and closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep.

x-X-x 5 hours later

It's currently one in the morning and I still can't sleep. My phone died a little while ago while I was playing subway surfers. What? It's an iconic game! And I don't have my laptop with me nor do I have a book that I can read. Oh wait, a book? Austin probably has at least one right? I could go and see if he's awake right? And if he's not, then I'll just grab a book and come back here before he even realizes. 

Yeah, that sounds like a decent idea. It should work. I hope it works. It's not going to work but I'm still gonna try it anyway. So that's what I did. I tiptoed out of the guest room and slowly creaked open Austin's door. It was a little hard to see but the faint moonlight glimmering through his window helped and I saw him lying in bed on his right side with his eyes closed while the blanket rested on his waist while he was fast asleep, shirtless. 

Now let me remind you, this guy has a toned body with an annoyingly gorgeous face and that supposedly doesn't affect me. I dug myself a grave right there. I sneaked into his room and walked further into it to see a huge bookshelf filled with books by his desk. I squinted as I skimmed through the books, reading their titles on their spines before finding one I could actually read. 

Paper Towns. Huh, Austin King has read Paper Towns? I'm impressed. At least some guys break stereotypes. I grabbed it and turned around slowly while reading the back of the book. I took the first step towards the exit and ran straight into something and instead of falling on my ass, that something caught me. 

That something, was Austin King. He propped me back onto my feet while looking at me with amusement dancing in his eyes. At this moment she knew, she fucked up. She is me. I am she. I fucked up. Just clarifying.

"Hi?" I said but it sounded more like a question. He took a step forward which made me step back. 

"Hello. What are you doing in my room at one in the morning?" he questioned as he continued taking steps forward while I took them back. "Reading." I uttered out as I dangled the book in his face. "Right, reading. At one in the morning?" he raised an eyebrow at me doubtfully. 

"I-I couldn't sleep." I stuttered as he took another step forward and when I took one back, my back crashed against the wall. Well, this can't get any worse now can it? "Is that so?" he smirked as he took the book from my hands and placed it on the desk which was to my right, his left. I just frantically nodded because he looked calm and amused and it was scary because shouldn't he be mad that I broke into his room? 

"You couldn't sleep?" he asked as he pinned my wrists on either side of my head. Nevermind, maybe it can get worse. "Care to let me go?" I asked suddenly gaining a spike of confidence while pointing to my hands with my eyes. He thought about it for a minute or well, pretended to. "No, not yet." he shook his head with a smirk playing on his lips.

He's enjoying this way too much. He just looked at me, probably waiting for my attitude to crack but it just boosted even higher as I arched an eyebrow at him with sass, making him even more amused and surprised.

"What the hell am I going to do with you?" he said lowly, his voice just above a whisper. Not gonna lie, that made my breath hitch in my throat and I couldn't breathe for a split second. "I'll tell you what you're gonna do with me. You're gonna let go of me and let me take that book for the night so that I can read it and fall asleep. Cool?" I asked him demandingly with sass, I'm not normally like this, I swear it just happens around Austin.

"No actually, not cool. Let's hear my idea now. I'm gonna have you here, for as long as it takes, until I find a reason to let you go." he said in a final tone. Maybe there really isn't another way out of this mess I call Austin King. 

"What do you mean a reason to let me go? Isn't me asking you a good enough one?" I asked confused. I was borderline about to drop my facade and just start whining like the little cry baby that needs attention that I am. Only difference is, I don't get attention. Ever. "Unfortunately no." he shook his head. 

"Austin, let me go." I said each and every word slowly as if I were talking to a kid. 

"Talking to me as if I'm a child and saying the same thing slowly isn't gonna help." he shrugged as he leaned in closer. His lips were a few inches away from mine, when he continued leaning in and got dangerously close, I looked to my right, avoiding any contact between our lips.

I didn't want that. Not again. Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing kisser and all, any girl who wants him can take him but the problem is, he wants me but he really doesn't. It's just for that stupid bet. When I find out who made that bet, nothing will stop me from confronting them.

Literally, what did I ever do to them to make them place a bet on me as if I were nothing? Its completely unnecessary and it shouldn't have happened but it did and now it's high time for it to end. Austin needs to realize he's not gonna win every bet and every girl, and he will realize that, even if I'm the one to make him realize it.

Austin King will learn a lesson.

.

.

.

.

.

I actually found time to update during the week. Wow. :o

I try updating as much as I can on the weekends because school takes up a lot of time and so does homework so for now, I'm back from the dead. It feels like it's been forever since I wrote when it's only been like six days. 

I really miss writing Want You Back. Someone help me figure out why. Because I swear when I'm writing chapters for this, I keep writing Mia and Ryder instead of Olivia and Austin. I miss Mia and Ryder :(

Also, the song above is soooooo good. Everyone please listen, I love it.