Chapter forty-one

Chapter 41: (Austin's POV)

I can't believe I was stupid enough to ask her in the utmost boring, useless and dull way possible and I can't believe she said yes. I know the bet still looms around in her head but the fact that she was able to push that thought away and say yes just gives me more reasons to love her. 

I'm not in it for the bet anymore. I'm in it because I'm falling in love with her, and I'm praying that she's falling in love with me too. I drew lazy circles on her waist under the shirt before I fell asleep and she did too.

x-X-x The Next Morning

"Hello? Anyone in there?" I felt someone poking my cheek before smacking it softly. I pretended to keep sleeping just to see what she would do. This is gonna amuse me. I stayed still for a minute before jumping and screaming, making her jump back and yell while getting scared as hell. 

I burst out laughing while she placed her hand on her chest and breathed heavily, panting. "You asshole!" she grabbed a pillow and smacked it on my face, making me tumble off the bed in efforts of dodging it. 

I lied on the ground with my hand on my stomach, laughing my ass off, pissing her off even more than earlier. She leaned over the edge of my bed and glared at me but failed miserably and began laughing with me. She shook her head before stepping off my bed and lying down on top of me, resting her chin on her hands which rested on my chest like this was usual. 

"Morning." she poked my cheek again before squeezing my cheeks and then pinching them. Someone's in a lovey-dovey mood today. 

"Quit doing that." I grabbed her hands and locked them with mine. 

"Or what?" she challengingly leaned in closer. I quickly leaned up and pecked her lips. 

"Or nothing." I smiled before letting go of her hands and letting her grab my face before crashing her lips on mine.

"My, my, my you're glowing!" I teased while she hid her face in my chest, making my heart do things. "Stop it!" she threw playful punches at my chest. I caught her wrists before rolling and flipping us over so I was hovering over her, while she was pinned under me.

"My, my, my you're glowing!" she mocked me while her eyes roamed around my face before settling on my eyes. 

"I bet I am." I kissed her cheek, then the other one, and then began peppering kisses all over her face while she blushed and laughed while trying to push me off. 

"Austin!" she screamed, and I finally stopped.

"Yes, m' lady?" I smiled down at her.

"Stop," she spoke through laughter. "Get up, brush your teeth, get ready so we can laze around all day." she paused. "Again!" she wrapped her arms around my neck tauntingly.

"Let's go somewhere today." I allowed myself to collapse on her, making sure not to crush her, so I lowered myself, resting my head on her stomach. 

"Where do you want to go?" she questioned while running her hand through my hair. 

"Let's just walk around town, Liv." I looked up at her, resting my chin on her abdomen. "Let's get ice cream, let's walk by the beach, let's go to the bookstore where you have a shift tomorrow, let's just walk around," I suggested.

"Are you asking me out on a date Austin King?" she narrowed her eyes down at me.

"No." I flat out lied.

"You sure? It sounds like a date to me." she taunted.

"If you want it to be a date that bad then fine, it's a date," I spoke casually, earning a smack on my head from her. 

"Ow!" I winced. "Yes Liv, I'm asking you on a date," I admitted while hiding my face under her shirt. She pushed my head out of her shirt before slapping my cheek playfully. 

"Don't do that!" she smacked my cheek again. 

"Get ready so we can go! And get off of me so I can get ready too." she laughed while trying to push me off and failing.

"Geez, ok. Someone's excited to go on a date with me. I mean, who wouldn't be?" I smirked before getting off and pulling her help by offering my hand for her to grab onto for support.

"Chill babe. Chill." she tapped my cheek before grabbing her bag in which she brought her clothes, and heading to the bathroom, leaving me with my heart doing those things again and leaving me to get ready in the guestroom bathroom. 

I grabbed my stuff from my closet and went into the guestroom bathroom where I showered and did everything I had to. I came out of the guestroom walked into my room where Liv stood in a white sundress with red roses imprinted all over it, flowing across and over her body, while she dried her hair. 

"Hey." she smiled at me while continuing to dry her hair while looking in the mirror. 

"Hello." I walked up and stood behind her as she finished drying her hair and left it to air dry itself without brushing it. I wrapped my arms around her waist while she put on some makeup. 

"Someone's in a mood." she teased while turning her head in my direction to look at me while I kissed her cheek. 

"Yeah, yeah tease me all you want," I mumbled against her skin. "You look pretty." I smiled before looking at my mirror, locking eyes with her through it. She made me hide my face in her shoulder as I blushed. 

She made me fucking blush!

"Aw you're blushing!" she teased as she put that scary thing that she put on her eyelashes, the mascara I think, back into her bag. She turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck. 

She leaned in teasingly before pulling back right before our lips met. "So tempting," I whispered while shaking my head softly, making her laugh. 

"Tempting huh?" she raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Mm-hmm." I nodded before pressing my lips to hers for a short moment. "Ready to go?" I questioned with my arms still wrapped around her waist. 

"Yup." she said, popping the 'p' before unwrapping her arms, holding my hand and pulling me out of the house. 

"You don't need your phone?" I questioned in confusion as we stepped out of my house and onto my porch.

"Nope. I can live without it for a day." she smiled before beginning to walk, pulling me along while a smile danced on her lips. 

"So where are we heading first?" she asked as we walked by her house. 

"Ice cream?" I suggested.

"Yes." she squealed and did a little twirl before composing herself and skipping the rest of the way there.

Once we reached, we opened the door, making the bell chime before heading up to the counter.

"One chocolate and one strawberry please." she smiled at the lady while telling her our orders. I pulled out the money and handed it to the lady before we took our ice creams and sat down in a booth.

"So Austin King, tell me more about you." she leaned forward, resting her arms on the table.

.

.

.

.

.

Putting a plot twist soon. probably next chapter, just warning you. Just saying.