02.

"changmin, aren't you going home yet?"

ji changmin stopped gulping down a bottle of water and looked at lee juyeon who's ready to go outside.

"nah. you guys go ahead. i'll just be practicing some more."

heo hyunjoon appeared beside juyeon and looked at him worryingly. "don't push yourself, hyung. we know you're gonna slay that dance competition anyway."

changmin wore a faint smile. "thanks. but like i said, you guys go ahead. it's getting dark already."

he isn't exaggerating. in fact, it was already dark outside. dance club practices always end late whenever a dance competition is around the corner. and changmin, the club's leader and ace, is always the last one to go home.

hyunjoon and juyeon threw him one last worrying look before reluctantly leaving. changmin sighed and dropped down to the ground. his body is already oozing with sweat, making him feel sticky. he's exhausted, physically because of practice, and mentally because exams are in two weeks. changmin aims to graduate with flying colors and probably a dance scholarship too-- if there is even one. but all these things are taking a toll on him, and he finds himself sleeping in school and getting punished by the teacher because of his lack of concentration.

he laid down on the floor and closed his eyes, trying to regenerate all the energy he used because of dancing.

changmin heard the door open but he didn't bother opening his eyes. it's probably juyeon, who might have forgotten something which is unsurprising because he is one clumsy boy.

he's still lying on the floor, listening to the person's footsteps until it stopped. changmin felt it stop in front of him which made him opened his eyes.

he came face to face with a pretty pink-haired boy holding a carton of what looks like milk. it took changmin no time to recognize the face in front of him. he's face to face with the infamous choi chanhee.

"hey, are you changm-- holy shit, did you just screamed?"

before chanhee could even complete his sentence, changmin let out an ear-deafening scream. he immediately stood up while chanhee still recovers from his sudden screech.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to scream!" changmin bit his lip.

it's his first time talking to chanhee with just the two of them and he already made up a bad impression for himself.

it isn't obvious, but changmin has some kind of crush for the pink-haired boy. he admires his pretty face, his singing skills and his excellence for all things academic. his crush for him is going on for a year now, and now that he finally has a chance to talk to him, he messed it up. big time.

"it's okay." chanhee forced a smile. "so you're changmin?"

changmin felt his cheeks blush. chanhee knows him! he nodded and gave a smile.

awkward silence surrounded them until chanhee spoke again. "so, yeah. i'm just here to give you this." he handed him the milk carton he's holding and changmin received it happily. "it's from someone that likes you. well then, see ya!" chanhee waved a goodbye and headed out to the door.

changmin first made sure that chanhee is many meters away from him before letting out another ear-piercing shriek.

he can't believe he just had his first interaction with chanhee. he felt his energy replenish and he immediately opened and drank the milk that was given to him.

after drinking, he laid down again to the ground, his smile reaching at both ears. he looked at the now empty carton of milk in his hands and smiled. he doesn't know, but for some reason, the milk tastes sweeter than its usual flavor.