17.

chanhee knows that he can't stay away from changmin forever. sooner or later their paths will cross once again and someday changmin will know the reason why chanhee suddenly distanced himself.

but what chanhee didn't expect is that someday is today.

"we need to talk." was all changmin said but it was enough for chanhee to become nervous as hell.

"we're already talking." chanhee forced a smile as he try not to have any eye contact with the boy in front of him.

changmin sighed. "i mean somewhere private." he said and immediately held the pink-haired boy's pale hand, before he can even reply, and dragged him to one of the classrooms that is unsurprisingly empty because its currently lunch break.

chanhee thought of himself as the typical female protagonist in k-dramas when changmin pushed his back against the door and with his hands on chanhee's shoulders, stared at him intensely. chanhee gulped. did his sudden distance angered changmin so much?

"why are you avoiding me?"

meanwhile, changmin is panicking inside. how can he just push chanhee into a room and slam his back on the door? what he's doing will make chanhee avoid him more. but they're already here. there's no more backing out. "did i do something wrong?"

chanhee gulped for the nth time and tried to calm himself. after countless "calm the fuck down, chanhee" and "you can do this", he finally answered the boy.

"no, you didn't do anything wrong. it's all actually my fault." he inhaled deeply. "i'm very sorry."

changmin finally removed his hands from chanhee's shoulders. "what do you mean?"

"i rather not tell you, it's pretty embarassing."

changmin frowned. "why are you being shy? tell it, chan. you can trust me."

chanhee looked down to the ground. he feels so stupid to not be able to look at changmin in the eye. ha, where is the mighty and savage chanhee that everyone knows? screw his feelings. "i rather not tell you."

"but aren't we friends?" changmin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "why can't you just tell me? what did you do that made you create a distance between you and i? just tell me, chan. what you're doing is creating more questions and stirring my confusion even mo-"

"IT'S ABOUT MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, OKAY?!" changmin was cut off by a sudden quiet shout from chanhee.

before changmin can even react, chanhee continues. "i don't know, okay? but lately i've been feeling awkward around you that's why i distanced myself from you. i'm sorry if i made you confused or doubt yourself but the blame is all on me. i just don't know why i suddenly feel awkward around you." chanhee inhaled, out of breath, before looking down again.

"oh." changmin was shocked. he didn't know what to say. does chanhee being awkward means that he has feelings for changmin? he's confused.

'no. don't assume things.' he thought to himself.

"you know, if you ever feel something, just tell me okay? instead of suddenly putting a huge wall between us. i understand- no, i actually don't understand why you suddenly feel awkward around me, but i'll try to understand. because that's what friends are for."

chanhee sighed. yeah, they're just friends. changmin only sees him as a friend. "you're right. i should have handled this the mature way. what i did was really childish. i'm sorry." he apologized and hugged the orange-haired boy.

changmin hugged him back. "i'm glad we cleared all the misunderstandings. i almost went crazy thinking if i did anything wrong."

"i'm sorry." chanhee broke the hug and apologized to him once again. changmin just laughed. "don't be."

they heard the school bell rang signaling the end of lunch break, and the two looked at each other and smiled. their stomachs suddenly grumbled and they laughed. they just realized that they spent the lunch break talking.

the two boys escaped the room and strolled down the hallway, going to their respective classes. but before they part, changmin pulled chanhee. "how about we eat at the café we usually go to? let's celebrate ourselves reconciling."

chanhee gave him a smile. "sure."

unbeknown to the boys, someone is looking at them. he even heard the two boys' conversation a while ago. he clicked his tongue. "chanhee... boy, you're not playing fair."

this chapter has many
incorrect grammar-
then again this whole
book is full of mistakes

i'm very sorry!! i feel
so high (not on drugs!)
rn so i don't know if what
i'm typing is correct
gramatically.

my brain isn't fuctioning
well