25.

"chan, it's not your fault! for fucks sake, why are you so guilty? he hurted you back there!" changmin blurted out as he keeps on rubbing chanhee's back.

with chanhee being unstable and his mind still clouded with thoughts, changmin walked him home to make sure that he gets home safe. even while walking, chanhee kept on crying, causing the passersby to look at changmin suspiciously. with chanhee still crying even when they already arrived at his house, changmin decided to stay for a while and not leave until chanhee stopped on bawling his eyes out.

hours already passed and it looks like chanhee doesn't have any intention of stopping. changmin has had enough and removed chanhee's hands from his face and wiped his tears.

chanhee looked at him with bloodshot eyes and changmin's heart ache because of the sight. "yes, it is. chang, you should have love younghoon and not me! why did you even choose me? younghoon's right, he's a hundred times better! he deserves you more than i do."

"how can you even say that? chanhee, i can't just tell my heart who to love. i fell for you, i love you, and i deserve you, so stop saying nonsense things, okay?" changmin pulled chanhee into a hug, not minding if his shirt becomes wet because of chanhee's tears.

chanhee calmed down after a few minutes and let himself be engulfed into the hug. the warmth of being in changmin's arms is very comfortable and calming.

"but still..."

changmin hugged him tighter before breaking the hug and facing him. he kissed the tears that are still falling from chanhee's eyes before planting a kiss on his lips.

for the first time today, chanhee broke into a smile, a genuine one.

"how can you kiss me like that? we are in the middle of a serious conversation!" chanhee whined.

changmin chuckled. "and it became too serious, so i did what i have to do."

chanhee embraced changmin and buried his face on the neck of the younger. "do you think he can forgive me?" he whispered.

"it will take a while, but he will." changmin assured him. "so stop fretting over it, okay?"

"i really don't deserve you. i must have done something amazing in my past life to have you."

"i think i should be the one saying that." changmin joked. "back then i always thought that you liking me back will never become a reality."

chanhee grinned and held the younger's hand. "then let's just say that we are both lucky to have each other."