19.

"so what are you going to ask us, hyung?"

changmin sighed and looked at hyunjoon. even though the boy is dancing, hyunjoon's eyes were focused on the older.

"do you think chanhee likes me?" he asked.

juyeon clicked his tongue. "well, duh. do you see the way he looks at you? that's how eric looks at me before we started dating."

hyunjoon scoffed. "you mean how YOU stare at him."

juyeon ignored him and faced changmin. "why? is he giving you signs? flirting with you? tell us."

"yeah, spill the tea." hyunjoon stopped dancing and sat down to where changmin and juyeon is sitting.

"you sound weird saying that." juyeon teased. "only your brother can make that sound okay."

hyunjoon groaned. "shut up, we're here to talk about kyunyu, not kevin-hyung."

"since we're getting a bit off topic here," changmin started, causing the two bickering boys to turn their attention back to him. "remember how i told you guys that chanhee is intentionally avoiding me?" the two boys nodded as their answer. "i confronted him, and he told me that the only reason why he's avoiding me is because lately he's feeling awkward around me."

"i don't want to assume, because i don't want to get hurt, but aren't people usually awkward around the person they like if they aren't close or if they recently just discovered their feelings? that's how i am back when i was still not close with chan. it doesn't help that you guys keep telling me that chanhee looks at me in a different way." changmin laid down and stared at their clubroom's ceiling. "i'm not dumb, i can clearly see that he looks at me longer than it should be. i just don't want to assume, that's why i'm denying it."

hyunjoon followed his action and laid down on changmin's stomach. "i don't know what to say, since i still haven't experience being in love, but i suggest that you confess. it's now or never, hyung. from what we see, you both like each other. you're just too scared to get rejected that's why you two are not making a move."

"should i confess?" changmin asked.

"you should." juyeon butted in. "you definitely should—"

soft knocks on the door were heard. the three boys looked up to see chanhee enter the room. the pale boy smiled upon seeing changmin. "there you are!"

changmin quickly stood up, forgetting that hyunjoon was laying on his stomach. the poor boy released a soft 'ouch' when his head hit the hard floor, but changmin didn't mind him. he was too busy thinking if chanhee heard their conversation.

"chan! how long have you been there?" he asked chanhee nervously.

chanhee shrugged. "i just got here. i've been looking everywhere for you." chanhee stepped closer to changmin and gave him a carton of milk. changmin smiled and received the beverage. he squinted his eyes when he saw a piece of post-it posted on one side of the milk.

hi! can we meet at the café nearby after school later? i have something to tell you. —빵

changmin gasped softly. his smile became wider when he read the text on the paper. is what he's thinking true? is chanhee making the first move by confessing to him first—

"it's a message from the one who keeps giving you milk." chanhee tried his best to sound happy. "you'll finally meet your secret admirer, chang."

changmin's smile dropped. "oh? i see." he forced a smile. "i'm really curious who it is."

"well, uh, see you later i guess." chanhee waved and left the room awkwardly. changmin groaned and went back to lying on the floor.

"this." he started. "this is the reason why i don't want to assume."

changmin is always an optimistic person. even if life isn't going his way, he still tries his best to smile and appreciate it. he always looks at the positive side; never did he once give in to the sadness and anger that he should feel if things doesn't go his way.

but today, screw everything. screw him, screw chanhee, screw his stupid feelings. no words can describe how disappointed and sad he is right now. he really thought that chanhee's going to make the first move. guess all of these are just his delusions.

"you're gonna meet with your admirer, later?" hyunjoon asked after trying so hard to read the post-it note on changmin's hand.

changmin huffed and nodded. "as if i have a choice. i don't want to ghost someone."

juyeon, who's just staring at changmin, sighed. changmin's nice. too nice. even if he's currently hurting, he still wants to meet up with someone so their feelings won't end up hurt just like his.

changmin might have concluded that chanhee doesn't like him, but juyeon still hasn't given up. he knew the feeling is mutual between the two, and for the sake of his bestfriend that is the kindest person on earth, he will try his best to give changmin the happiness he deserves.