08.

"hey there."

chanhee looked up from the book he was reading and saw changmin putting his bag down beside him. the boy placed a bottle of what seems like a fruit smoothie in front of him. "drink up." he offered.

"what is this?"

"uh, i don't know? probably a smoothie." changmin said and chanhee rolled his eyes. "i don't need any of your sarcasm, thank you very much."

changmin giggled. "i'm just kidding. i brought it for you, so i hope you drink it."

"thanks." chanhee picked up the drink and took a sip in it. "you know foods and drinks aren't allowed in the library, right?"

changmin brought a notebook from his backpack. "it's not like the librarian cares anyway."

"good point."

"let's get to planning, shall we?" changmin opened the back side of his notebook and clicked his pen. he started writing down the words 'performance ideas'. chanhee put down the drink and leaned closer to changmin so that he can see what he was writing, but the action made the boy flustered.

boy, it's going to be a long night.

***

"ugh, i feel tired even though i didn't do anything." changmin stretched his arms and heard his bones pop.

chanhee laughed. "to ponder ideas for our performance is mentally exhausting."

"wow, ponder. that's a big word." changmin grinned.

"no, it isn't." chanhee replied as he stuff away the paper they used in his bag. "but even though this is tiring, i actually had fun thinking."

"i know. i enjoyed planning with you." changmin agreed with him. "i can't wait to finish the plan so we can show everyone our performance."

chanhee carried his bag and went to the door with changmin following behind him. "it's not dinner time yet but i'm already hungry. how about we grab something to eat?"

changmin stopped walking when he heard the words chanhee said. 'is he asking me on a date?'. he immediately slapped himself at that thought. 'that was stretched. stop being so assuming, changmin.'

he shook his head and continued on walking, only to see chanhee looking at him worryingly. the boy must have stopped walking when he sensed that changmin wasn't following him anymore. "are you okay? you just slapped yourself out of nowhere." the pink-haired boy asked.

"yeah, i'm okay. i was just thinking about something." he gave chanhee a bright smile. "but sure, let's eat. i'm also starving."

chanhee shrugged his shoulders and the two went to the nearest diner to eat and replenish all the energy they wasted into thinking ideas for the performance.

the diner is a bit full, even though it's still an hour before dinner time. luckily, the two quickly spotted an empty booth and made their way there. chanhee immediately dropped down to his seat, exhausted. upon seating, changmin volunteered to order for them, and he laughed when he heard chanhee's order. "are you sure what you're gonna eat is dinner? because it looks like dessert to me."

"just order it for me." chanhee rolled his eyes.

changmin chuckled at how cute an annoyed chanhee looks like. "fine, fine. i'll go now." he stood up and went to the cashier with a smile plastered on his face.