16.

eversince chanhee recognized his feelings for changmin, he started becoming distant to the lean boy.

he doesn't want to fall any deeper. it's a safety measure so that he won't be heartbroken in the end. chanhee liking changmin is bad news; his bestfriend younghoon also likes the boy and chanhee is not even sure if changmin is gay.

changmin noticed the sudden distance chanhee has placed between them. the boy would do his best in avoiding him whenever they meet in the hallways or practice afterschool. he will always find the milk given to him daily sitting on his desk. changmin wondered if he did or said anything wrong that might have offended him. he spent the morning classes thinking about it.

"i don't remember doing anything wrong." changmin confessed to juyeon and hyunjoon.

"the last thing we did was just eat pizzas, play games and then i took him home. but before i left i remember hug— shoot. maybe that's why chanhee's avoiding me! i hugged him!" changmin suddenly rose up from his seat and sat down again. "but he looked fine with it, as far as i can remember."

he glanced at his two friend who are both eating while looking at him attentively.

"if you really don't know what you did, why don't you just confront him about it?" hyunjoon said and swallowed the food on his mouth.

"talk to him after school." juyeon added. "i say you guys talk it out before your friendship will break."

changmin just nodded, processing everything on his head. he tried thinking deeper on what could have possibly went wrong, but as far as he can remember, the past days with chanhee went smoothly and cannot possibly cause a problem.

after a few minutes, he have finally decided. "okay, i'll do it." he said firmly. "i'll talk to him after school."

he doesn't have the courage to ask chanhee about the wall the boy suddenly built between them, but he doesn't want his friendship that he cherishes with him to shatter either. so it's better to face his fears than let something that he wanted for so long to break in the blink of an eye.