26.

"can you guys believe this is the last day of practice?" eric shouted across the room, causing everyone to look at him.

"ah, it feels just like yesterday when we were still awkward with each other." sangyeon reminisced.

"and it feels just like yesterday when changmin and chanhee look like idiots because they still haven't confessed to each other." kevin added and everyone except changmin and chanhee laughed.

juyeon grinned. "you two were so obvious and at the same time, so dumb."

"enough about that!" changmin said, his face red from the embarassment. "i hope everyone will give their best for the performance tomorrow. let's show them our best sides."

"let's practice one last time." chanhee suggested.

everyone went to their respective spots in the formation but before changmin can turn on the music, he noticed something. "wait, where's jaehyun?"

as if on cue, jaehyun entered the gym. "i'm here! sorry for being late, i just have to accompany someone somewhere."

"no worries." changmin replied. "just go to your spot 'cause we're gonna start now."

jaehyun nodded and followed changmin's instruction after dropping down his bag to the bench.

"give everything that you got." changmin instructed, pushing the 'play' button on his phone before rushing to his spot.

everyone's exhausted smiles were soon replaced into serious faces after the first tune of charlie puth's attention blasted into the speakers.

their last practice went well, starting from jacob's adlibs in the first part, changmin's solo breakdance, and chanhee's high notes in the ending. everyone dropped down to the ground with exhausted yet happy faces, completely satisfied with their performance.

"we should all eat together, to celebrate!" eric suggested, raising his left arm high in the area while the other one is around juyeon's shoulders.

"i'm pretty sure we should celebrate AFTER we're done performing, but okay i guess." kevin said.

eric ignored kevin's side comment and faced everyone. "i have a better idea, we should just hang out and do a movie marathon! are you all in?"

"i'm in." jacob nodded. "i just realized we never really hanged out outside of the gym as a whole so, why not?"

everyone agreed, even haknyeon who supposedly has a date with sunwoo that day.

"where are we gonna sleep over?" hyunjoon asked.

changmin raised his hand. "my parents are out for two days so my house is free."

hyunjoon scrunched his nose. "eww, no. you're just finding a reason to bring chanhee in a room with you alone."

"you and your mind is so gross." jaehyun threw a towel wet with sweat at hyunjoon and it landed exactly on his face.

"what the fuck, i didn't even say anything!" hyunjoon winced as he wiped his face with wipes and a dry towel. "and you're the one who's gross!"

"that's enough guys!" sangyeon intervened. "i'll give everyone an hour to gather their things so we can all walk together to changmin's house."

"hey, haknyeon!" eric called him. "didn't you say you're supposed to have a date with sunwoo? tell him to join us too."

"sure." haknyeon replied before getting his phone to probably call sunwoo. "and it's 'haknyeon-hyung' to you, you fucker."

"chanhee-hyung! tell younghoon-hyung to come too." eric told chanhee and the whole room suddenly went silent.

"what? did i said anything wrong?" eric asked.

oh right. eric was busy doing a major school project together with his classmate felix so he is the only one who doesn't know about younghoon and chanhee's fall out.

"younghoon is a bit busy this days so it's better if we won't bother him right now." jacob spoke after sensing that chanhee can't answer eric's question.

eric nodded. "i see. but i kinda miss him though."

"you talk as if you don't have me." juyeon said, obviously joking to lift up the mood.

"nah, you're still my favorite hyung!" eric said in baby-like voice and hugged juyeon.

everyone laughed at eric's aegyo especially when juyeon pretended to puke. chanhee was glad that eric didn't ask anymore questions because if he did, he doesn't know what and how to answer them.

he felt a hand hold his and when he looked up, he saw changmin smiling at him. "they're going now. let's go?"

chanhee looked around and saw that aside from a couple of people, they are the only ones left in the room. he nodded and let changmin drag him outside.

if anyone's curious, i
imagined their performance
to be like pdx101's attention
stage at the position
evaluations