20.

"younghoon?"

changmin still decided to meet the person who's been asking chanhee to give him milk. upon entering the café, changmin noticed that it's almost empty, except for the staff, an old couple seated on one of the booths, and... younghoon.

younghoon gathered all his courage and waved at the newcomer, giving him a bright smile to hide the nervousness he's feeling. changmin approached the older and sat in front of him, confused.

"are you..." changmin trailed off and younghoon sighed.

"your admirer, yes i am." he completed changmin's sentence.

changmin's eyes widened. did he heard it right? kim younghoon is his secret admirer? kim younghoon, who is his crush's bestfriend and everyone's dream guy?

"are you serious?" he asked, still shocked. younghoon nodded. "but why?"

"because i like you." younghoon said.

"me? why do you like me? we never even interacted until a month ago."

"you don't need to interact with someone to know that you like him. i've been admiring you from a far, and just by watching you makes me happy already. and i like you because you're you. i like everything about you and i've been admiring you for some time now. if you accept my feelings, i promise that you won't regret it. i'll make you the happiest boy in earth." younghoon said, his cheeks pink.

changmin remembered something. "i th-thought you like chanhee?"

younghoon's head rose upon the mention of his bestfriend. "you're mistaken. i only think of him as a friend. but you, i think of you as someone that i'm willing to spend my whole life with. i really like you and i'm willing to wait for years if it means you'll like me back."

changmin felt the sincerity in the boy's words. he must admit, he is flustered to hear such words, but it was immediately replaced with guilt. younghoon likes him, but he can't reciprocate the feelings. he likes someone else afterall, and that someone is choi chanhee. the boy who unintentionally broke his heart a few hours ago.

changmin gulped. "i'm sorry, younghoon. but... i don't feel the same as you."

the brown-haired boy let out a small smile. he's hurt, but he's expecting it afterall. "i know, but you'll learn to like me after a while if we go out, right?"

"that's not how it works, younghoon." changmin shook his head. "you can't just force someone to be in a relationship and expect him to like you back after some time."

"i'm really sorry that i can't return your feelings, but i like someone else. you deserve someone better, hyung. you can still find someone that'll like you back." changmin stood up and gave younghoon a hug, before walking away from the café.

younghoon groaned. he was expecting changmin to reject him but at the same time, he was still holding on to the small chance that changmin maybe likes him back and will accept his confession. he pulled his hair. he can't believe he just made himself look pathetic and desperate in front of his crush.

younghoon is used to having everything go his way. he is an only child, which is why his parents pamper him and gives him everything he wants. but right now, his parents are not around to give him the person he wants the most: changmin. however, there may be another person who can help him get his crush.

he reached for the phone in his pocket and dialed the number he frequently calls.

"what do you want?" the receiver greeted and younghoon chuckled. he must have interrupted his studying session again.

"chanhee, i have a favor to ask you."