IV

Jungkook
Hi Chaeyoung! This is Jungkook.

Chaeyoung
I know. I saved your number earlier.

Jungkook
Of course, you did. Sorry.

Chaeyoung
😑

Jungkook
You know what, I was glad it rained earlier.

Chaeyoung
Why? Is the rain a good thing?

Jungkook
Don’t you like the rain?

Chaeyoung
Well I don’t. I don’t like getting my things wet.

Jungkook
Yeah. That’s the hassle of getting rained on. But still… I find that it’s a good thing, a blessing.

Chaeyoung
If you say so.

Jungkook
Oh I won't keep you up all night. Good night Chaeyoung. Sweet dreams! 😉

Chaeyoung
Good night!

The next morning, Jungkook headed out early. He stopped by a café for his daily dose of coffee. He was waiting for his order when a tray of newly baked cookies were put on display. They looked delicious. So he brought out his phone from his pocket and dialed a particular number.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Hello!”

“Hi. Good morning!”

“Um, why did you call?”

“Are you at the office already?”

“Yeah. Just now. Why?”

“I’ll be there in five minutes.”

Before the person could respond, Jungkook already ended the call. Then he bought a pack of cookies before heading to his building.

... … … … …

Jungkook was busying himself with his phone when someone called his attention.

“Jungkook?”

He looked up to see Chaeyoung standing in front of him.

She eyed him before asking, “What are you doing here?”

“Here.” He said as he handed her the pack of cookies that he bought from the café earlier.

“What’s this?”

“Cookies?”

She rolled her eyes at him. “You’re stating the obvious.”

“Because you’re asking the obvious.”

“I meant, what’s this for?”

“For you.”

She groaned, “Jungkook . . .”

“Hope you’ll like them. Bye!”

Then Jungkook shuffled back to the direction of the elevator, leaving a bewildered Chaeyoung.

... ... ... ... ...

Jungkook had been waiting for Chaeyoung in the lobby for a couple of minutes. When she texted him that morning that she wanted to give him the umbrella that she owed him, he was both excited and saddened by it. He was glad to see her. But after receiving her replacement to his umbrella, he won’t have any more reason to contact her. And it bothered him.

Although he pestered her about it since two days ago. He was actually not hoping for her to replace it this soon. He was frustrated that his plan backfired on him.