XXXV

Hello! Is anyone still here? Yohoo! 😁

I hope you are because here's an update. And I hope you'll enjoy this chapter.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Not too far from where Jungkook and Chaeyoung were, Taehyung saw the whole scene. He went home for a bit to bring some clothes for his family, leaving them in the care of Chaeyoung and Jungkook. Going home for a while was also his way to take a breather from his jealousy over the couple. But he did not expect things to turn out the way it did when he came back to the hospital.

It was late and the hallway was empty except for Chaeyoung and Jungkook who were enjoying each other’s presence. The way they kissed just now could be deemed sweet but not for Taehyung. Their sweetness couldn’t even compare to the bitterness he was feeling inside.

He slowly approached them, making his presence known by walking with heavy steps. It was effective since the couple immediately pulled apart after noticing him. He wore a tight-lipped smile on his face as he walked closer to them.

The next moment, Taehyung and Chaeyoung awkwardly bid each other goodbye after he reassured her that he would be fine taking care of his family on his own. But the minute Taehyung was left alone in the room with his family lying unconscious before him, he broke down and cried. Despite knowing that everyone was in a stable condition, he couldn’t deny his fear of losing them.

For the next two days, Chaeyoung never missed visiting the hospital. She was not alone but Taehyung was thankful that she came with her mother or sister instead of Jungkook. Then the day after, she came with Lisa. And Taehyung was more than happy to be in his favorite cousin’s company.

… … … … …

“What are you doing here?” Jungkook asked after opening the door to his girlfriend.

Chaeyoung was wearing a grin on her face when she jumped on him with her arms encircling his neck and her legs wrapped around his waist.

“Whoa there!” Jungkook exclaimed as he reflexively caught his girlfriend.

She rested her head in the crook of his neck as she whispered, “I missed you.”

He scoffed at her while turning around to get back inside his apartment.

“If you really felt that way then you shouldn’t have . . .”

“You left my things outside.” Chaeyoung interrupted when Jungkook banged the door close. “Please bring it inside for me. Thanks!” She added and got off of him before running to his kitchen.

Jungkook scrunched his face in confusion upon seeing an outdoor backpack, sleeping bag and hiking boots. He carried them inside and left them in the living room. Then he went to look for Chaeyoung. He stifled a laugh after seeing her in the kitchen. She was sitting in front of his dining table while enjoying her half-eaten sandwich.

“It’s late. Shouldn’t you have eaten dinner already?” He teased.

She responded with a frown on her face and got back to eating.

He chuckled as he took a seat beside her.

“So you’re going camping and you didn’t tell me?” He spat.

She sassily replied, “It wouldn’t be a surprise if I did.”

“Chaeyoung, you’re not in the position to act this way towards me. Have you forgotten everything you did for the past four days? Let me remind you . . .”