XXII

The reception turned out to be Bambam’s restobar. It was redecorated to fit the occasion. The whole place was decorated according to the theme, Unicorn. Multicolored balloons filled the place. Even the centerpiece for each table was uniquely styled with different kinds of unicorn atop the flower arrangement.

After they’ve eaten, Lisa excused herself to go to the restroom. She was about to turn towards the direction of the restroom when Bambam pulled her to the opposite direction.

“Bambam! Wait, where are you taking me?”

Without saying anything, Bambam gently pushed Lisa inside his office.

“Is this your office?” She asked, looking all over the place. She slowly walked to the desk at the middle of the room. She noticed a familiar picture frame and picked it up. In her surprise, the picture frame slipped from her hand. Bambam caught it right before it was about to hit the floor.

“Lisa! Be careful. You almost broke it.” He exclaimed.

Her lips trembled as she asked, “Why do you still have it?”

“Is that even a question?”

“I threw mine ages ago.”

Bambam hissed, “Just what is the problem Lisa?”

“We broke up so I threw it out. I don’t think throwing out our old picture is something unusual after we’ve clearly broken up.”

Putting his hands on his hips, Bambam asked, “Now, about that . . . Could you refresh my memory how exactly we broke up?”

“Well, I don’t know. I mean . . . I’ve forgotten. Sorry.” Lisa said before she tried to leave.

Bambam grabbed Lisa’s wrist, “No! I don’t think so. You’re not the kind who easily forgets things like that.” His eyes were starting to redden as anguish tears start to flow. “Or do you need me to remind you of this so-called breakup?”

Lisa was tongue-tied. She was puzzled by Bambam’s reaction. It was her first time to see him this way. He had always been sweet and gentle with her. It was difficult for him to get mad with her and even if he was, it wouldn’t take more than a few hours before his anger died down.

When Lisa seemed to have nothing to say, Bambam spoke for her, “You cheated on me Lisa. You even had the nerve to block me from everything. The thing is you didn’t stop with me. You included our common friends and my family. How could you?!”

Lisa felt her ears redden in fury with what she heard from Bambam, “Wait! What?! Who cheated on whom again?” Bambam was about to answer when she shushed him. “In which parallel universe did I ever cheat on you, you bastard? Are you perhaps stoned or something? Let me help you remember how you freaking cheated on me.”

She sobbed out her wrath before continuing.

“I finished my OJT in New York earlier than scheduled because I’ve been dying to see you. Two months of being away from you was too much for me to handle. I didn’t tell you about it because I wanted to surprise you. So when I got off the plane from New York, I hurried to your place despite my heavy jet lag. I was so excited to see you.

And imagine my surprise when a woman opened the door to your place. She was wearing none other than your favorite T-shirt that barely covered her. I was able to glimpse her laced underwear. And her nipples were poking underneath the shirt, revealing that she wasn’t wearing a bra. I was close to dragging her by the hair and pushing her off the stairs when thankfully, I came to my senses. Then I walked out before I did anything rash.”

“What are you talking about? When did all this happen? And where was I during that time?”

“I. Obviously. Don’t. Know. Maybe you were still sore all over your body . . . Argh! Now you’re making me think of racy things. I hate you! I hate you!”