XV

Sorry if this update took a while. I had terrible writer's block. T_T

But I hope you'll enjoy reading this chapter. If you will, please vote and leave comments. I'll appreciate it. 😬

AND this story just got 1k reads! THANK YOU SO MUCH. I can't thank you enough but I'll stop here. 💙

Enjoy reading!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jungkook knew that it might be late to go and see Chaeyoung. But he felt like he needed to. Ever since he heard about Taehyung and saw him hanging around Chaeyoung lately, he felt a bit threatened. He knew he doesn’t have the right to be.

Basically, he and Chaeyoung were just friends.  He liked Chaeyoung but he wasn’t sure how she felt about him. Especially now that Taehyung seemed like he was trying to get back together with Chaeyoung, Jungkook worried that it might disrupt whatever was going on between him and Chaeyoung.

So he dropped by the convenience store to buy something for Chaeyoung. He suddenly thought of buying anything that he can use as an excuse in seeing her. But he did not know what to buy, it seemed like he was taking him forever to pick what to buy.

Unknown to Jungkook, the cashier was starting to notice his presence walking around the store without a clear direction. And it was starting to alarm the cashier so she kept on eyeing Jungkook’s direction.

Oblivious to the cashier’s panic, Jungkook dragged his feet towards the cashier without anything in hand. The cashier looked a bit scared as he neared her. While Jungkook was clueless about why the cashier was behaving the way she was at the moment.

Taking notice of the nametag on the cashier, he said, “Hi. Becky?”

“Y-yes? Can I, uh, help you?” Becky asked.

“I really hope you can. I need to ask you about something and I hope you don’t mind.”

Becky slurred, “S-s-sure, what is it?”

“Do you take anything before you sleep? Like a drink or something?”

“Huh?”

“I mean . . . How should I put it? Umm, you see, I’m planning to bring someone something tonight. You know, like . . . ahh . . .”

Becky suppressed a laugh before saying, “Are you visiting your girlfriend?”

“What? Nooo! I mean, yes! But . . . No, she is not my girlfriend . . . yet. Or she never will be. Wait! What am I saying? Why do I sound so pessimistic? Ugh! Anyway, that’s enough to creep you out. But please don’t call the cops on me. I’m telling you, scaring you is not exactly my intention when I thought of approaching you just a moment ago. And all I’m trying to say is that I’m visiting this girl who is . . . my friend.”

Ouch! Why does it hurt to say that out loud? Chaeyoung is my FRIEND. Yes, that’s what she is to me.

Jungkook’s brooding was interrupted when the cashier spoke.

“At this hour?”

“Yeah. Crazy, right?”

Becky shrugged, “Hmm. I don’t know your story but I’m quite sure that you’re crazy in love with this girl.”

Then she pointed to the drinks section.

“You can grab fresh milk or a yogurt drink. If she’s fond with coffee, you can pick a decaf. Go ahead.”