XXXII

“Chae. What’s wrong?” Lisa worriedly asked as soon as she opened the gate for her crying best friend.

She invited Chaeyoung into her house and brought her to the living room. Then she ran to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. When she got back to the living room, Chaeyoung was seated on the couch while crying her heart out with both hands covering her whole face.

Lisa placed the glass of water down on the table in front of them as she took a seat beside Chaeyoung. She ran her hands up and down Chaeyoung’s back to provide comfort for her distressed friend.

“Go ahead. Let it all out. Then talk to me when you’re ready.” She whispered.

After a short while, Chaeyoung began to calm down as she evened her breathing and her crying already subsided.

With her eyes rooted to the hands on her lap, Chaeyoung spoke, “I screwed up.”

“What do you mean? What happened?” Lisa asked.

“Lis, I screwed up.” She said before she frantically continued.

“I . . . Of course I did not really mean what I said. Sure, the thought crossed my mind more than once. Arguing with Taehyung was different, way different than Jungkook and I did. Taehyung and I never really confronted each other as much as I did with Jungkook. But the problem is I just had to vent that out on Jungkook in the middle of our fight.”

“Oh!” Lisa said before taking Chaeyoung’s hands in between hers. “I, honestly, don’t understand what truly happened. But from what I gathered, I’m pretty sure you’re right. You screwed up sis.”

Chaeyoung faced Lisa with her mouth slightly parted in surprise at her best friend’s blunt statement.

“I already acknowledged that just now, didn’t I?” She rolled her eyes before continuing. “To be honest, all these fighting with Jungkook are quite new to me. With Taehyung before, I was always confident that we’ll get over our silly arguments and be back in each other’s arms in a few days. However with Jungkook, it felt like I was always on the edge. Because I wasn't used to all the fighting, I feared that our disagreements will eventually tear us apart.”

Chaeyoung held Lisa’s hand tightly as she worriedly asked, “What if Jungkook is going to break up with me? Lisa what should I do? I can’t let that happen.”

“If that’s what you feel then what the hell are you doing here? I shouldn’t be the one listening to all this. Go to him and explain.”

“Actually, I just came from his apartment. I left right after I told him that horrible thing. I didn’t know how to face him knowing that I hurt him with my tactlessness.”

“Fine. Give yourselves some time to cool your heads off. But I’m telling you, you must talk to him tomorrow Chaeyoung. Alright?”

Chaeyoung nodded her head in response before collapsing in between Lisa’s welcoming arms.

… … … … …

Jungkook had just woken up. He turned on his phone and saw that Chaeyoung sent him 26 voice messages last night. But he didn’t bother listening to the messages because he needed to prepare for work.

When he was about to leave his apartment, he received a message from Chaeyoung. She told him that she sprained her ankle last night so she asked if he could fetch her from her house so they could go to work together. He was about to decline when he received another message. It was a picture of Chaeyoung’s bandaged ankle.

“Jungkook, you have every right to be mad at her. And it’s totally understandable if you tell her to go to work by herself. So even if she’ll have a hard time walking by herself because of her injury . . .”