XXXX

«FINALE»

One year after . . .

It was Jungkook’s birthday. The celebration was held in a beach resort with Jungkook’s parents and friends, along with Chaeyoung’s family. It was the first time that both of their families met each other.

Chaeyoung planned the whole event, a barbecue party by the beach. But she had gone missing for a few hours already and only Lisa knew of her whereabouts. Everyone was starting to worry because they had to start the party without Chaeyoung.

“Good evening!” Lisa spoke on the microphone, calling everyone’s attention. She gulped a lump in her throat before starting to explain, “Everyone, please don’t worry about Chaeyoung. That woman loves our birthday boy so much that she wanted this party to be perfect.”

That statement earned a series of applause and teasing cheers from the audience, mostly from Jungkook’s friends. Everyone’s eyes were all focused on him, causing him to blush in embarrassment.

Lisa chuckled as she continued. “As I was saying, Chaeyoung is just occupied with something for our birthday boy here. So please don’t worry about her. She’ll be here any minute now. And enjoy the party!” Lisa cheered before getting down from the mini podium.

But Jungkook was furtively eyeing Lisa the whole time the party was going on. He was observing her every movement. He did not fully believe her when she tried to assure everyone not to worry. He clearly saw the worry reflected in her eyes when she checked her phone from time to time, looking like she was expecting someone to contact her. Plus, she had been avoiding him the whole time and refused to meet his gaze despite the amount of stares he was giving her way.

However, more than an hour already passed yet Chaeyoung had not been back.

In full determination, Jungkook walked towards Lisa with heavy steps. He wanted to know what was actually going on. He was getting really worried because he couldn’t even contact Chaeyoung, her phone was turned off. He almost reached Lisa when he caught Chaeyoung’s figure not too far from him.

Jungkook was relieved the moment he saw Chaeyoung. She looked gorgeous in a floral print halter neck crop top with matching maxi skirt. Her hair was kept in a messy bun with a few strands of hair framing her face. She was wearing a timid smile as she met Jungkook’s gaze.

At this point, he was supposed to run towards her and bring her in his tight embrace. But seeing the man standing right beside her stopped him from doing all that, Kim Taehyung.

Taehyung’s left arm was wrapped around Chaeyoung, his hand resting on her bare waist. While Chaeyoung’s right arm was placed around Taehyung’s shoulders. This sight infuriated Jungkook.

Jungkook did not know what to think of the situation. Guilt was written all over Chaeyoung’s face as she stood a few meters from him. She was biting her lower lip in anxiety. She was not even taking a step away from Taehyung and towards Jungkook, seemingly proving to Jungkook that Chaeyoung was afraid to go near him because of guilt.

What is it this time?

Jungkook gave Chaeyoung and Taehyung one last anguish look before turning his back on them and running away from everyone.

“Jungkook, wait!”

Jungkook heard Chaeyoung’s faint cry before he had gone far. But he ignored it and hurried away, not wanting to stay in that place any longer. He was expecting Chaeyoung to run after him so his disappointment only heightened seeing no Chaeyoung behind him.

On the other hand, Chaeyoung fell down on her knees when she pushed Taehyung away in an attempt to go after Jungkook. Everyone was shocked to witness what was happening before them as they all stood rooted on their spots. Only Taehyung was quick to help Chaeyoung up.