XXXIX

When Jungkook woke up the next morning, he was having a massive headache. He tried getting up but was stopped by a weight on him. Then he was surprised to see the weight being his sleeping girlfriend. His eyes instantly widened as he looked around the room. He was relieved to see that they were in his apartment. But he couldn’t remember what happened the night before, no matter how much he tried recalling last night’s events. The last thing he remembered was talking to Bambam.

He shifted his eyes back to Chaeyoung. She looked relaxed in her sleep but her position seemed uncomfortable. She was sitting on the floor with her head leaning on Jungkook’s stomach and one arm wrapped around his waist. Jungkook scrunched his face in worry that she might get cramps due to her uncomfortable position. But he couldn’t help smiling at the same time. He was glad to see her face first thing in the morning.

He slowly got up again, not wanting to disturb Chaeyoung’s sleep. But he overlooked his headache, striking him all of a sudden. He groaned in pain and lay back down, accidentally waking Chaeyoung up.

Chaeyoung slowly stretched her body and opened her eyes. When she was fully awake, she was taken aback to meet Jungkook’s gaze. She instantly slid away. She remembered yesterday when Jungkook refused to touch her hand and accept her hug because he was still mad at her. She understood him but she did not like being pushed away so she moved away on her own.

“Sorry.” She mumbled. “I did not intend to sleep on you. I was . . .”

Jungkook indifferently interjected, “It’s fine.”

After realizing the way he sounded cold and uncaring, he immediately regretted his act. He wanted to take it back but did not know how.

“Jungkook.” Chaeyoung called, interrupting Jungkook from his thoughts. “Um, I’ll cook breakfast.” She said before getting up abruptly, making her dizzy while doing so.

Chaeyoung fell down on her knees while keeping her eyes tightly closed. It alarmed Jungkook so he got up and tried to approach Chaeyoung but she rejected him.

Unknowingly, her quick rejection hurt him.

Is she this wary of me now? I only wanted to help.

“I’m fine. I just . . .” She took a deep breath as she slowly opened her eyes. “I got a bit dizzy but I’m good.” She grinned at him before getting up carefully this time. “I’ll head to the kitchen now.” She said before skipping towards the kitchen.

“If she’s still that tired, what is she doing here?” Jungkook thought worriedly and heaved a sigh before following her.

While Chaeyoung was doing all the cooking, Jungkook was watching her with hawk eyes. He got worried after seeing her fell down on her knees. So he was observing her carefully at the moment, making sure that she won’t be fainting from exhaustion on his watch.

Giving her boyfriend a brief glance, Chaeyoung said out of nowhere, “I’m fine, really. You can freshen up while I finish up here.”

After seeing that she looked stable on her feet, Jungkook stared at Chaeyoung for a while before walking away wordlessly.

“Aist! If he continues to be in that mood in the next hour, I’m not sure I will last without crying. Pfft!” She mumbled to herself, her eyes brimming with tears.

After a while, Chaeyoung had already finished cooking everything, including a hangover soup for Jungkook. She arranged the food on the dining table, putting a glass of water and aspirin beside Jungkook’s bowl of rice. Then she beamed seeing Jungkook walking towards her.

“Let’s eat.” She invited.

Jungkook sat down beside her and took the aspirin that she prepared beforehand.