XXV

“Jungkook?” Chaeyoung asked while glancing at the man who was sitting beside her in the cab.

Looking at the quiet street outside, Jungkook answered. “Hmm?”

“You’ve been unusually quiet, is there something wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Then why won’t you look at me?”

Jungkook sighed as he slowly turned to look at Chaeyoung, “There’s nothing wrong.”

She felt assured when he smiled at her. She scooted closer to him and leaned her head on his shoulders.

He asked, “Are you tired?”

“A bit. And I’m getting dizzy all over again.” She raised her head a bit and asked, “Do you mind?”

“Not at all.” He answered as he gently pushed her head back to his shoulder.

Chaeyoung dozed off all the way to her house. When she felt the cab stopped, she realized that they were already outside their house. She got off the cab while Jungkook was paying for the fare. All she wanted at the moment was to feel her warm bed against her back. She rushed to their gate. But before she could do so, a bout of dizziness hit her and caused her to fall on the curb. She hurt her butt badly so she stayed still for awhile, trying to ease herself.

When Jungkook got off the taxi, he was startled to find Chaeyoung swaying drowsily while sitting on the curb. He lightly nudged her to bring her back to her senses. She responded with a short nod as she tried to get up. He went to her and wrapped his arm around her waist, helping her stand up. Her knees wobbled all of a sudden and she felt like falling again. But before she could fall, Jungkook swiftly grabbed her close to his body in an attempt to steady her.

To keep her from falling, he wrapped both of his arms around her waist. And her hand gripped tightly on his shoulder while her other hand was placed over his abdomen. He felt his stomach churn at the feel of her touch.

The next moment, they found themselves locking their gazes at each other. They stayed in that position for a few seconds. They were enveloped with deafening silence. Only the erratic beating of their hearts can be heard. Then Jungkook slowly shifted his gaze from her eyes to her pinkish lips. Temptation stealthily crept under his skin. And noticing what Jungkook did made Chaeyoung gulp a lump in her throat. She was unable to resist the way he was affecting her.

Unconsciously, he moved his face closer to hers. Her eyes slightly widen at his proximity. He could sense the confusion that was clouding her eyes. He moved a bit closer and hovered his lips over hers. They shared an intense gaze. She felt his lips gently brushing hers, testing the waters. Then she parted her lips as a response.

Without wasting another second, Jungkook enveloped Chaeyoung’s lips with a slow and gentle kiss. They both closed their eyes as the sensation of the kiss swept through them. Chaeyoung felt her knees weaken once again, but this time it wasn’t her drunkenness that caused it. She was slowly intoxicated when Jungkook started to deepen the kiss. She moved her hand from his shoulder to his nape while her other hand snaked its way around his back for support. The kiss lasted for a while before they parted in astonishment. They were bewildered by their action and at the same time, they were filled with awe by the kiss that they shared just now.

Then Chaeyoung turned her back at Jungkook, refraining to meet his eyes. She walked past him and quickly opened the gate to their house. She leaned against the gate after closing it, unable to comprehend what just happened.