XXX

Chaeyoung was in the middle of her room, checking the contents of her overnight bag. Together with Lisa, Jungkook and Bambam, they planned to spend their weekend over at Jungkook’s home in the province. After checking everything over, she got dressed in her sleeveless bohemian romper shorts and paired it with a plain white sneakers. She wore a beige boho hat on top of her head and went downstairs. She only waited for no more than five minutes before Bambam and Lisa came to pick her up.

“Where’s Jungkook?” Chaeyoung asked.

“He’s not here yet?” Bambam asked a question back at her.

Chaeyoung answered with a confused tone, “Aren’t you supposed to pick him up first?”

“Yeah, I was. But he told me that he’d surprise you or something so he’ll come here instead.”

“So, he came here?” She widened her eyes in a mix of worry and surprise.

“Yeah, I guess.”

Lisa interrupted the two, “Wait! Chaeyoung, what’s that look?”

“We-well . . .” Chaeyoung sighed deeply before continuing. “Taehyung came here earlier. He told me he’s going out of the country for a while. He’ll be gone for at least six months to one year.”

“Oh! So he finally told you?” Lisa said with guilt clouding her voice.

“You knew?” Chaeyoung asked disbelievingly. When Lisa nodded, Chaeyoung continued, “So Taehyung came here to bid goodbye. And then when I was seeing him off the gate, he gave me a full kiss on the lips.”

Bambam and Lisa gasped at her last sentence.

“Why? I thought you’ve broken up?” Bambam asked accusingly.

“Yes, we’ve broken up. I even pushed him away. Then he apologized afterwards and told me that will be our last kiss. So . . . what if –”

Lisa finished Chaeyoung’s sentence for her. “What if Jungkook saw you and Taehyung kissing on the lips? But he did not wait to see the rest of what happened. Then he left right after and got upset about it.”

“I tried calling him but his phone is off.” Bambam said.

“He didn’t reply to any of my messages earlier too. Oh no! Where could he be?”

“Let’s go to his apartment.”

Chaeyoung immediately grabbed her bag and went out of the house with Bambam and Lisa. Bambam drove them to Jungkook’s apartment in haste. But it seemed that he wasn’t there since no one was responding. Chaeyoung also checked the rooftop of the building and found none of Jungkook’s traces either. Bambam tried asking the building’s security guard to confirm if Jungkook was in his apartment or not. The guard said that he was sure Jungkook went out because he himself hailed a taxi for him and that he hadn’t seen Jungkook back.

Chaeyoung started to panic at the realization that none of them had a clue of Jungkook’s whereabouts. Bambam contacted all of their friends but none had seen him too. However, when Yugyeom suggested that Jungkook could have gone back home that’s when they got their answer. Bambam called Jungkook’s mother and she told him that Jungkook texted him earlier saying that she’ll be seeing him in a few hours. So they soon followed Jungkook and proceeded with their initial plan.

It took them an extra hour longer than it would take to reach the place when Bambam got lost along the way. A local helped them to get back to the right way. They reached their destination a few minutes past one in the afternoon. Jungkook’s mother greeted them saying that Jungkook and his father went to check the farm but they’ll be back soon. She suggested for them to eat their lunch while waiting and they gladly accepted the offer. Jungkook’s mother seemed to have grown fond of Chaeyoung during the course of their lunch. Both of them delighted at their love for growing flowers.