X

Taehyung just got home from a two-day training workshop. He was completely exhausted from the activities that they did all through the workshop. When he got inside his room, he fell in deep sleep right away.

He woke up when he heard a sound coming from his cabinet. He was alarmed when it was left open. He quietly got off his bed and crawled towards the cabinet. Then the cabinet door suddenly closed and his father appeared before him.

He was utterly shocked that he froze up. His father smiled as he offered a hand to help Taehyung up. He reluctantly accepted his father's hand. He was trembling as he stood up. When he came face to face with his father, Taehyung cried heavy tears. His father hugged him tight and Taehyung hugged him back. Then his father motioned for them to sit on the bed.

His father placed his hand on Taehyung's shoulder as he said, "Tae, I'm sorry. I know how much responsibility I left you with. And I know you are struggling to keep up. But I am so proud of what you have been doing so far. You are doing great, son.

You are doing well in looking after your mother and your younger siblings. I cannot promise you a safe road ahead. You will always be faced with obstacles whichever road you take. What's important is for you to know when you must stand by your choices or be gracious when you make mistakes. So don't be so hard on yourself and live a little."

Taehyung cried even more, "Dad, I'm afraid I can never fill your shoes. I am not good enough to be like you."

Taehyung's father answered wholeheartedly, "Remember this, you can't. No one's expecting you to be like me. We are different persons Tae. I am the father and you are just my son. We were born with different roles to carry out in our family.

When I left, you did not need to replace me. You can only do the same things that I've been doing for our family. But you can never be me. You have your own way of doing things. And I believe in you. So don't be anxious. Just do your best in everything that you do."

When Taehyung was about to hug his father, he was instead brought back to waking up from his sleep the second time. This time, he woke up for real. He realized that everything was a dream. But when he touched his face, he felt fresh tears on it.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Oppa! Taehyung-oppa!" Dawn called out from outside his room.

He got up his bed and opened the door.

"What have you been doing there? I've been knocking here for awhile."

"I fell asleep. Sorry."

"Oh! We were about to eat dinner. So come down after you wash up."

"Alright!"

When Taehyung reached the dining room, his mother, Aleck and Dawn were already seated around the table. They were just waiting for him so they can start eating together.

"Wow! Mom, you cooked my favorite dish." Taehyung exclaimed.

Taehyung's mother said, "I cooked it since you've been away for two days. I knew you'd miss my cooking, right?"

"I certainly did. Thank you Mom! I will eat a lot." Taehyung answered.

"That's good. Go ahead and eat up." Taehyung's mother said