XX

AND it's a double update.

I'm sure you won't mind. Right? 😼

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tooot! Tooot! Tooot!

Lisa blew a toy trumpet directly on Chaeyoung and Taehyung’s ears. She had been calling their attention for a while but both of them zoned out as they both stared at the Ferris wheel. Using the toy trumpet was a success when she finally caught Chaeyoung and Taehyung’s attention.

“What did you do that for?!” Chaeyoung complained.

Taehyung scowled at Lisa, unable to hide his displeasure.

“I’m sorry, alright? But both of you weren’t listening to me. I had no other choice.”

“You could have shaken our shoulders instead of hurting our eardrums, you know.” Chaeyoung barked, still a bit annoyed at her best friend’s actions.

“But that’s not fun at all!” Lisa cheerfully answered, earning herself another glare from both Chaeyoung and Taehyung. “Fine! I’m sorry. Now do you want to ride the Ferris wheel? It seemed that you’re both interested in riding it.”

“No!”

“Yes!”

Chaeyoung and Taehyung both answered in unison. Then they eyed each other in surprise.

“You don’t want to ride it?” Taehyung cautiously asked.

“You want to?” Chaeyoung asked back.

Taehyung stammered, “Well . . . I mean, why not? We’ve been on this before. So why not, right?”

“Oh! Yeah. We’ve been on this before. I mean, we’ve tried it already but the ride did not go too smoothly at all. Yet you still want to ride it again?”

“Definitely! Yes there were bumps along the way but we’ve had fun most of the time. So I don’t see why we shouldn’t try it again.”

Lisa was looking back and forth between Chaeyoung and Taehyung the whole time. She was starting to feel tension building up between the two of them while her own anxiety was growing.

Oh boy! Oh boy! Lisa thought. What do I do?

After careful thinking, she voiced out, “So . . . About the Ferris wheel. Since we are all talking about the FERRIS WHEEL at the moment, right?!” She made sure to emphasize saying the name of the ride. Then she cleared her throat before adding, “I guess we should skip this one today. I don’t feel like it. Maybe we should try the extreme rides instead.”

And Lisa was right all along. Chaeyoung and Taehyung were not talking about the Ferris wheel at all. At the back of their minds, they were thinking about the same thing.

Is that why she’s hesitant to give me a second chance? Is she afraid that I’d hurt her again?

He’s putting in much effort and I cannot deny it. But I wonder what’s holding me back from giving in to him.

Then Lisa gripped Chaeyoung’s wrist without waiting for any response. She dragged Chaeyoung to the next ride while Taehyung laggardly followed behind them.

They stopped in front of the pirate ship ride. Chaeyoung stared blankly at it.

Noticing Chaeyoung’s rising discomfort, Taehyung suggested, “I don’t think this one’s a good idea.”