XXIII

Taehyung was driving with Chaeyoung to Paladra. After he broke up with her, he rarely visited the restaurant unlike before. Lisa was his cousin but she was also Chaeyoung's best friend. And he knew that Chaeyoung needed her more during their break up. So for Chaeyoung's sake, he chose to stay away from Lisa for a while. But now, it suddenly occurred to him how much he had missed dining there. So he invited Chaeyoung to have dinner at the place.

Chaeyoung went inside the restaurant first while Taehyung was looking for a space to park. When she came inside, she roamed her eyes around looking for Lisa.

"Chaeyoung!! Over here!" Lisa called, waving a hand at her.

Chaeyoung waved back. She was about to walk over to Lisa when she felt a hand touched her lower back. She looked behind her and saw a happy Taehyung.

"I really missed coming here." Taehyung leaned as he whispered to her ear.

"It looks like you've missed quite a lot of things." She whispered back.

Taehyung pulled back and looked straight into her eyes as he answered, "You bet I did."

Chaeyoung pushed him gently and proceeded to Lisa's location. Lisa was sitting at the far end of the restaurant by the window. Chaeyoung was nearing Lisa when she felt someone watching her. She looked around trying to confirm her suspicion. And she gasped when her eyes met another set of familiar ones. She froze in place due to utter shock.

Then Taehyung blocked her view and asked. "Chaeyoung? Why do you look surprised or something?"

He was about to turn around when Chaeyoung stopped him.

"What? No! I'm just uh . . . I just remembered something about work. I'm afraid I made another bit of mistake. I'm so stupid sometimes, you see."

Taehyung chuckled while pressing her nose with his index finger.

"No, you're not stupid. Remember that."

Then he led her towards Lisa.

Lisa stood up and waited for Chaeyoung to take her seat. She was just waiting for them at their reserved table. Taehyung informed Lisa about his plan beforehand and asked to reserve their favorite table for them.

"I'll just sit on the opposite side." Chaeyoung said.

"But . . . Isn't this side your favorite space? That way you can see the beautiful city lights outside." Lisa questioned.

"Y-yeah, it is. Of course, it is. Well . . . You know . . . Taehyung mentioned earlier how he missed coming here, so I thought I will lend him that seat for tonight." She answered, trying to sound calm and sincere.

"Really? Thanks Chaeyoung." Taehyung responded delightedly.

As Taehyung pulled the seat for Chaeyoung, she was looking down at the table. She can feel Lisa's piercing gaze at the crown of her head. When she looked up, she confirmed her assumption. One of Lisa's brows was raised as if to demand an explanation about her confusing act. In response, Chaeyoung rubbed her hands against each other, silently pleading Lisa to keep quiet at the mean time. Then Lisa walked away after casting a lingering look at Chaeyoung.

When Taehyung took his seat across Chaeyoung, she straightened up and smiled at him while trying to hide her uneasiness. Then she noticed the second pair of eyes looking directly at her from behind Taehyung.

"Oh shit!" Chaeyoung muttered.

"Chaeyoung? You were saying?"

"No-nothing." She answered while slowly raising the menu to slightly cover her face. She was unsure how to mask the discomfort that she was feeling right now. She closed her eyes tightly, wishing for the night to end soon.