Meeting the Elric Brothers

*(Y/N)'s POV*

It took me forever to get to Central. I missed my train and almost got robbed. I eventually arrived and I was relieved. All I have to do now is meet Colonel Mustang in his office at headquarters. I took a deep breath and let it out as I walk to the front of the huge building. 'Ok I got this.' I thought. I walked into the building and looked around. 'Where was his office?' I wondered. I walked up to a girl in the blue uniform.

"Hi." I said. She looked down at me and looked a little confused. "I'm looking for Colonel Mustang's office. I'm (Y/N)." I said. "Oh yes. Follow me." She said. I did as she told me and after a couple of minutes she brought me to the outside of a room.

"Thank you." I bowed. She smiled, bowed, and then walked away. I looked at the doors in front of me. Is this a mistake? Will they accept a fifteen year old? I pushed the questions out of my mind and stood up straight. 'It's now or never. You have trained, practiced, and studied alchemy for years. You cannot back down now. Plus you came to find something important.' I told myself. I took another deep breath, lifted my hand and walked inside.

A black haired man sat behind his desk and argued with a metal suit of armor. 'What in the world is going on?' I thought. The doors closed behind me and I tensed. Colonel Mustang turned his head toward me. The suit of armor did the same and then, out of nowhere, a good-looking boy with a blond braid stuck his head out from behind the suit of armor. I felt my stomach flutter.

"Hi." The armor spoke with a high pitched voice. I jumped a little at the sound from shock. "Um...hi." I said shyly. I felt my heart beat faster when the braided boy smiled a little bit. "You must be (Y/N), correct?" The Colonel asked. I nodded. "Well before we begin I would like you to meet the Fullmetal Alchemist." he said. My mouth fell open. 'The Fullmetal Alchemist?! Here?! Now?!' I thought. I ran up to the suit of armor.

"Oh my gosh! I am a huge fan!" I said as I shook his hand rapidly. "I-I'm not the Fullmetal Alchemist. He is." He said as he pointed to the cute boy. My eyes grew wide. "B-but he's so...short." I said. "I AM NOT SHORT!" He yelled angrily. I giggled and offered a handshake. "I'm (Y/N)." I said. "Edward Elric, and this is my little brother Alphonse." He said as he took my hand. "Hello." Alphonse said. I smiled and responded with a hello. We continued to shake hands until finally we both pulled away after we realized how long we were shaking each others hands. "Boys will you excuse us while I talk to (Y/N)?" Colonel Mustang asked. They both nodded and headed towards the door.

"Choose your words carefully. I wouldn't want him to burn you to a crisp." Edward said. My eyes widened. "Wait, what?" I asked. He smiled and then closed the doors behind him, leaving me with the Colonel. "He's joking right?" I asked Mustang with a nervous smile on my face. He chuckled a little bit. "Now let's get started." He said.

*Edward's POV*

Once I closed the doors behind me I threw my hands behind my head. "She seems nice." Al said. "Y-yeah she does." I said as I put my arms down and looked back at the doors. "You alright?" Al asked me. I quickly turned back to where he was standing and slurred my words to where he could barely understand me. I'm pretty sure all he could make out was, "Let's go to the room."

Once we got to our room, I plopped down onto the couch. "Hey Ed?" Al asked. I hummed in response as I closed my eyes. "Do you think we will get our bodies soon?" He asked. I opened my eyes and then straightened up. "I hope so." I said as I sighed. "I hope so too, brother." He said with a sad tone. I looked down at the floor. After a while later the a knock came to the door. I got up and opened to door for a beautiful girl. It was her.

"Hey. Y-you left this." She said as she handed me my watch. I thanked her and took it from her. Once I closed the door I checked to see if it was still closed. "Good." I mumbled as I let out a sigh of relief. I looked to see Al staring at me.

"What?" I asked. "Your face is red." He said. My eyes widened and my face burned even more. "I-I don't know what your talking about." I said. He put his hands on his hips and continued to look at me. "A-anyways, let's try to find the Philosophers Stone location." I said.